Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ktm 1090 adventure r
  • Premier Icon hooja
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Any thoughts?
    I currently have a Ducati desert sled and a custom kwak w650 scrambler.
    I am thinking of selling both and buying a 1090. I like riding all year round and the w650 is a sunny day toy and despite the Ducati being amazing, I just think I will ruin it riding through winter (plus it doesn’t have much wind/weather protection)
    I’ve had a tenere 700, don’t really like the Africa twin and the bmw gs’s are just too fat to get in and out of by barn/shed

I’d be interested to hear opinions on the ktm
    Cheers

Premier Icon weeksy

They’re excellent. Not owned one but have owned 15 KTMs and ridden the 1090 a few times, mostly on the road, but played on track with one too.

Big spacious and lovely… comfortable and cruisy, great on the rubbish roads… yeah, i’d own one 🙂

Premier Icon mrmoofo

I test rode one ( and met Weeksy at the same time).
    It was fine – I didn’t buy one

I loved my KRM 950 SM – the 1090 Adventure did everything well – but had looks that only a mother could love.

Premier Icon fasthaggis

They look huge compared to the Ducati or something like a Tenere ,I can’t imagine throwing it down a muddy track,and are they not a wee bit tall for track days?

Premier Icon uggski

What happened to the T700? What was that like to ride?

I have a 990 that I like but was thinking of getting the T700

Premier Icon weeksy

are they not a wee bit tall for track days?

Yup… but that doesn’t mean it’s not fun 🙂

Premier Icon vinnyeh

also interested in your thoughts on the Tenere.

Premier Icon hooja
    Free Member

@uggski t7 is an awesome bike, can’t fault it.
    I just found it a bit meh! In the end.
    It’s seriously capable but just a bit bland.
    Probably as I commuted on it a lot too and it’s nice to have some extra power to keep you entertained.
    The desert sled and the t7 are so similar though. The sled is much more fun on road though but not as capable off road, it’s not bad though

Premier Icon fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I currently have a Superduke GT but find I’m over bikes for most riding and have a fancy for some mild off roading.
    Currently considering one of these but think it may be a bit cumbersome or maybe an 890 Adventure R to cover general touring duties on poor road surfaces.
    Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro and BMW 850GS also in the mix.
    Planning some demos shortly but interested in views
    Cheers
    Steve

Premier Icon hooja
    Free Member

I do like the, slightly, unhinged nature of ktm’s
    I like the 890 but it’s too new for me and I just can’t get my head around the way it looks.
    The 1090 is a bit less, alien bug looking

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.