Ks900i service

Home Forum Bike Forum Ks900i service

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ks900i service
  • godzilla

Has anyone serviced there own ks seatpost. Im wondering how easy it is?

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

I’ll let you know in a few days. Doesn’t look too tricky though.

http://www.pure-race.com/KS%20i900%20Manual.pdf

james

Pretty simple. Open, clean, grease, close back up again

Shame after regular servicing mine has loads of play side-to-side and bit fore-aft

godzilla

did you bother with all those different types of grease or did you just use good old red grease, did it come apart ok?

james

I used some suspension grease I got off of wiggle. Can’t remember the brand name but I think they called it ‘super-slick’ or some such name
    I can’t remember the manual being specific about greases though I’m not 100% sure I have all of it

The base can be a pain if the nut on the base is done up tight to the base. You’ll need some long nose pliers that will fit into the holes well. A vice is useful to put the pliers into. I can’t remember at what stage they are but I used that sort of setup to get it undone anyhow

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’m right in the middle, came apart nice and easily. I’ll be using the slick honey since it’s still in warranty but it’s pretty pricy stuff. I did find the blue nut wouldn’t loosen by itself, tried an impact driver as directed but it drew out the red insert no matter what I did. No problem, just fitted needlenose pliars into it from the other side then released the nut- probably easier than if it had gone according to plan. It’s not as simple as a gravity dropper but still easy enough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ks900i service’ is closed to new replies.