• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • KS Southpaw lever as finger trigger
  • nbt

Due to an old injury on her left hand, Mrs NBT has issue with thumb strength. Going 1*11 has been wonderful as she no longer has issues with front shifting – but that’s where the lever is for her reverb dropper post.

Having had a quick look around the bike shop I was in over the weekend, I spotted this lever which research has shown to be the KS Southpaw

KS Southpaw

It looks like the trigger can be freely rotated, so I could rotate the clamp slightly, rotate the lever 180 degrees and have it set as a trigger actuated by a finger pull, rather than by a thumb press. Can anyone who has such a lever confirm if this would be possible / advisable? Obviously it would require a new dropper but that’s a separate issue…

nwmlarge
    Free Member

might need more force than she’d like but worth a try.

docgeoffyjones

so I could rotate the clamp slightly, rotate the lever 180 degrees and have it set as a trigger actuated by a finger pull, rather than by a thumb press.

The clamp is angled so you might need to flip that as well so the lever sits forward of the grip more.

singlespeedstu

Just had a look at one I have here with me.
    No matter how I position the clamp it’ll not sit in the correct position to activate it with my finger.

joemmo
    Free Member

Is there a lever that could be mounted on the right above the bar, similar to an old skool thumb shifter?

Left field idea – use a right hand grip shift to actuate the cable?

Shackleton

what about pone of these using a conventional 2x/3x bar clamp trigger on the right hand?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-yoke-cable-conversion-for-reverb-dropper-posts.html

I think wolf tooth do something similar.

Shackleton

Someone on here also made some mount stubs that allowed for the reverb remote to be mounted 90deg to bars (i.e. on vertical plane). This places the button under the bars and allows for more flexibility in rotation so the buton could be placed in a more ergonomic position. I bought one but it didn’t fit with my set up. If it might work you can have it if you stick some pennies in a charity tin somewhere.

singlespeedstu

How about a KS lever like this mounted on the right.

Mrsstu had to use this setup after damaging the tendons in the left thumb.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Not quite the same but could the new electric reverb be configured with some sort of push button?

windyg
    Free Member

Sram front grip shifter if the pull is enough?

nbt

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions folks. I’ll have a read in more detail tonight and see how they all might be implemented on the bike as it were

clubby

I’ve a spare KS as pictured above if you want it.

stevied
    Free Member

Someone on here also made some mount stubs

That was me. If she’s running i-spec brakes I have a prototype you could have to try. I made it as a one-off to try.
    Has a bit if adjustment of the head which the dropper remote clamps to.
    mount1
    mount2

nbt

@stevieD Thanks – running Hope Tech 3 brake levers so don’t think those will work.

@clubby
    – cheers but as we have the reverb already, I will start by trying to mount the reverb lever facing forward, if it’s possible to get a good angle.

Ideally it would still be mounted on the left, operated by a finger – on the right she already has the 11 speed XT shifter under the brakes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘KS Southpaw lever as finger trigger’ is closed to new replies.