KS LEV stanchion wear

Home Forum Bike Forum KS LEV stanchion wear

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • KS LEV stanchion wear
  • mmel

Noticed this on my LEV after my last ride, anyone else notice this wear pattern? All seems to work as it should but don’t really want it to get worse.

mmel

Must say I upped the contrast in that pic so it looks worse than it is.

Thanks for the links, gonna see if I can lube up those rollers.

robhughes

Dead easy to do.I use RSP Ultra Slick Grease from tft on mine and it works a treat.
    Trick is to was them out first with de-greaser to get any crap out.Then dry it out with a hair drier to make sure you get rid of it all.Really push the new grease with your thumb and keep spinning the rollers so it gets to the back of the bearing.

mmel

Think I may have found the cause, the cap at the top was a little loose so I undid it and put a load of light grease under it and did it up tight whilst cycling the post up and down to draw it down. Each time the cap would do up a little more as the grease was taken in until the cap was snug.

Now the post goes down so much more freely.

Really push the new grease with your thumb and keep spinning the rollers so it gets to the back of the bearing

How did you get to the rollers in the first place, I’m guessing you do a bit of a strip down?

robhughes

Yer you need to do a strip down.You,ve got the grease in the right place.
    But you really need to check out that bearing.Those marks look very very like three roller marks to me bud…If it was me i,d defo do it as that can only get worse..
    Also sounds like they where really dry by your description.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘KS LEV stanchion wear’ is closed to new replies.