• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by RichT.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ks lev – service or replace
  • Premier Icon RichT

I have a KS lev integra which is sagging. Is it worth servicing or should I just get a new dropper? I have a 2×11 system, so need an above bar remote. If I bought a brand x, could I use the lev remote?
    Thanks

Premier Icon bigyan
    Free Member

My advise would be DIY fix or replace, not worth paying somebody else to fix it (IMO).

Premier Icon tillydog

I don’t think you can service them, other than greasing the mechanical slidey bits. The cartridge is a throw-away item AFAIK, but cheaper than a new post.

Premier Icon I_did_dab

I had mine fixed, why would you ditch the whole thing for one failed part (that is probably repairable). I learnt not to lift the bike by the saddle when it was down. No more problems.

Premier Icon andybrad

get it serviced

Premier Icon Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Spares for KS droppers used to be pretty dam cheap. Even replacement cartridges. Great if you are a DIY type.

Premier Icon milko9000
    Free Member

There’s a 20 minute youtube vid from KS about how to service yourself, but yeah if the problem is in the cartridge you might be out of luck. And the price of a new one of those (or for a shop to service at all) isn’t at all far from how much a brand new brand-x post with 2 year warranty costs. Deciding about that is the point on the journey I’m at right now, basically I’m just waiting for CRC to drop the price back down on the brand-x probably.

I got the thing dismantled and had some nice support on email from KS about figuring out my problem, but having sorted that it seems I’ve run straight into another more terminal one.

Premier Icon RichT

I think it is a send away service as the sagging is probably due to air in the cartridge, so I’m looking at about £80

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ks lev – service or replace’ is closed to new replies.