Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • KS lev red top cap blows off when I depress the post
  • Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

I always clean my lev and keep it lubed. Pushed it down when it was in the garage and the red metal top cap on the post shot off. I found it again and put it back on and it continued to do it. I’ve tried rotating the post. The cap is in the right way up too.
    Anyone else had this issue or any ideas why it’s happening?

mmel
    Free Member

Yep, happens all the time since the bobble on the cable end ferrule thing that’s supposed to lock it in place broke off years ago.

My solution, small cable tie around it.

shredder
    Free Member

You can get a revised red cap from Jungle / Stif that is slightly different in design. Works alongside a revised aluminium ferrule which replaces the plastic one.
    I had the same problem and the new parts fixed it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    goodgrief
    Free Member

you can turn the hook around and secure the cap with an oring or zip tie

matther01
    Free Member

^^^ this…and use a normal gear cable ferrule.

I have two LEVs and this solved it without zip tying anything.

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. Will try a normal ferrule first. If not then I’ll try the revised cap

I thought my Lev (with the latest cap) was faulty, as it kept doing this. I’m an idiot and had the hooked piece on the end of the cable facing outwards from the actuator instead of hooked behind it. Sounded like a common mistake when I spoke to Stif…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine does this after I service the post. The more grease I use, the more it does it. O-ring keeps it in place now. Plastic hook ferrule died a long time ago. Might try a metal one if they exist now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘KS lev red top cap blows off when I depress the post’ is closed to new replies.