Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • KS Lev DX junction box Issue
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Trying to fit the junction box cover back on but the top end won’t stay put.the bottom end secures to the ferrule but when using g the post the top end keeps coming out and allowing the mechanism to pop out.

Anyone any ideas what in doing wrong?

Cheers

wwaswas

I always put a small zip tie over the cover to hold it on having lost one when it popped off when I was riding. Which doesn’t answer your question but is a solution 🙂

poah
    Free Member

put the hook so that it faces the back or probably the opposite way you are currently doing

sillyoldman

Yup – hook is backwards.

poah
    Free Member

post a pic of what it looks like before you put the cover on

skybluestu
    Free Member

I’ll try swapping the ferrule hook round first before superglue then 🙂

Cheers

vincienup
    Free Member

Does sound like hook (on end of cable, that hooks onto the actuator barrel)  may well be backwards.  It’s tempting to fit it so the hook faces in, but it really needs to be the other way round.  They even put a little red papery thing in the junction box on these when they’re new so it must be a really common problem.

Exploded Diagram

spacehopper

The Plastic cover and junction box on the DX are a bit rubbish compared to the alloy version on the LEV..  They can pop off really easily even when mounted correctly..

I popped a thin O-Ring around the junction box and cover on my partners bike to keep it in place.. looks a bit neater than the cable tie that used to be on there..

skybluestu
    Free Member

I had it on the right way after rechecking as there is only really one way it can go to get the hole in the cover to fit the hook end. Still pops out at the top when mechinism is in use though so have done the o ring thing. Thanks for the tip.

Might try a Lev alloy one if they are the same size?

spacehopper

yup, they are the same size and the the alloy one does fit a bit better..

The junction box itself on the DX is also plastic which doesnt help things stay in place..!

you can replace the whole junction box with an alloy one… but theyre not cheap.. and it requires a strip down of the post..

andybrad

i use an oring on the box. its the only thing that keeps it on.

sillyoldman

Mine popped off once when I had the hook the wrong 2ay. Turned the hook round and it’s never come off again in 3 yrs use with nothing additional holding it in place. Lucky?

vincienup
    Free Member

Have you tried a smear of grease around the o ring that’s fitted to the cover? Does make quite a difference.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev DX junction box Issue’ is closed to new replies.