Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KS i900R – can it be 'unremoted' ?
  • jimmy

I’m looking at a i900R seatpost but would like to convert it to non-remote, ie with the lever under the saddle. Anyone know if this is possible? Can’t see anything obvious so thought I’d put it to the collective STW powers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Post it to me and I will return a lever version. May not be the same post but will be a ksi900l seriously remote is way better than crotch grabbing

andrewni
    Free Member

Having had experience of both I prefer the underseat version. I swop it between two bikes so this can be done in seconds and the lever version requires almost zero maintenance.

zerocool

It should be a simple case of reverse engineering the remote kit. All you probably need to do is find someone who has upgraded to a remore and get the lever parts off of them. I assume

Tom KP

MSP

http://www.hibike.de/shop/product/p114c15772720f943a7f8a53e2eff8e44/s/Kind-Shock-Remote-Ersatzhebel-inkl.html

scroll down for the lever.

I will buy your remote of you, I have broken mine and am quite shocked at the price for a replacement remote lever.

Whilst we are on the subject – anyone know where I can get a remote kit for an i950?

timmys

i900’s can’t be swapped between the remote/non-remote without changing the entire head. i950’s can be easily converted though.

d45yth
    Free Member

Using a dropper post should be as easy as changing gear. Anyone who thinks an underseat lever is better than a remote isn’t using one to its full potential. 😕

dibboid
    Free Member

I’ll swap my underseat lever for a remote with anyone quite happily. email addy in profile.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘KS i900R – can it be 'unremoted' ?’ is closed to new replies.