Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • KS i900 issues – again
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I have 2 of these posts, one works amazingly, one has been causing issues since day one, it never fully extends to the top of its travel. I bought it in June/July 2011, but given I had another of them (and a gravity dropper) I only got round to sending it for repair in Feb this year. Predictably when Leisure Lakes sent it back to superstar it came back with a note saying they had serviced it but the issue was my fault, to much grease slowing it down apparently.

Now this is where I was stupid. I used it once, it worked, and since then its been sitting in a cupboard until today when I discover the same problem, granted not as bad but it still stops about a cm from full travel about 50% of the time.

I know there were a faulty batch of these posts and I suspect it might just still be in warranty (although I’ll have to check with leisure lakes as they sent me back the wrong persons receipt!). If it is can I demand they replace it? Appreciate its 2 years old, but it has a 2 year warranty. If I get fobbed off with a repair again then by the time it comes back the 2 years will be up and I’m stuffed.

and if I’ve done my memory has failed me and the warranty has just expired, what are my options. Can I somehow increase air pressure on the mechanism, or is it for the bin?

cazum
    Free Member

strip it apart clean it then lightly re-grease the shaft and try it they are a POP to work on for a basic service not had to do a heavy duty service on mine yet.

bought it 2nd hand. been using it for 5months in all weather conditions! and am over the suggested weight limit! and not a problem i take it apart and do a basic service once a month!

tpbiker
    Free Member

yeah but the issue is that its been used once since it was serviced last. And I’ve stripped it down numerous times before and it still doesn’t work.

Its still in warranty for another 2 weeks. Can I demand a replacement given its the second time its gone back? Basically the next time it comes back its out of warranty and I assume they wouldn’t be obliged to fix it a 3rd time (even though they never fixed the initial issue)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘KS i900 issues – again’ is closed to new replies.