Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • KS adjustable seatpost lever issues
  • kimbers

Anyone else had this ?
    ks dropzone

seems a nice post but one ride in gritty welsh mud and the lever action has got really sticky and crappy, takes a load of force to try and move it

Northwind

The cable that came with mine was pretty poor so I replaced that almost immediately, but I think it’s 3 scottish winters old now and still going strong with infrequent servicing and one replacement bushing.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Mine worked flawlessly in all conditions… Clean it, lube it and make sure the lever clip isn’t too tight on the bars.

Also worth checking the actuator on the saddle, occasionally needs a careful clean particularly with the Welsh silt.

kimbers

yup was the lever actuator under the saddle, clean and lube and its all nice again

cheers!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I found that a small dollop of grease stopped that problem from re-occurring but I also recommend a rear mudguard to stop the mud from being able to get anywhere near it

northernmatt

Not got a dropzone but a Lev. Works fine, as said the cable supplied is shite.

ndthornton
    Free Member

under seat levers!

twelveski
    Free Member

Lose the barrel adjuster to avoid dirt ingest and I fitted a rear mech barrel adjuster spring between the post cable stop and the lever. Found this helps take up any slack in the cable and stops the bar lever ratling.

aquamac
    Free Member

Anyone have a tech tutorial to service it? Mines full of Welsh mud, the levers gritty and sticky.

kimbers

Well mine now seems to have died
    Just stopped working last ride replaced cable cleaned out lever actuator which now has smooth action but post won’t move / only moves very slowly

Serviced it as per the Ks YouTube video
    (Was actually quite clean inside considering the conditions out there)

But it’s still stuck

Anyone any ideas before it goes back ? (It’s the same as i900 I think)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘KS adjustable seatpost lever issues’ is closed to new replies.