Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kona Four Deluxe 2008
  • waspie
    Free Member

Was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Kona Four Deluxe?

Found a review for the the Supreme which looks ok.

[/url]

Looking to replace my rather creaky Kona Caldera and found the Four on offer, £900 reduced from £1375.

Any experiences good/bad or indifferent?

oldfart

I recently bought a 2nd hand Four Supreme frame.Not really had it long enough to tell really.The one thing that really surprised me was how well it climbed.I’ve never had a full suss before so exceeded my expectations.I think a lot of that is down to the RP23 shock and Pro Pedal.If you are anywhere near Street in Somerset you are welcome to come and give it a whirl.

waspie
    Free Member

Cheers, but up near Edinburgh so Somerset is a bit of a trek!

Never had a full suss either, never really thought I ‘needed’ one. Most of my cycling is done at Innerleithen and Glentress and a hardtail seemed to do the job, it’s just that this offer caught my eye. If it’s a decent climber all the better.

oldfart

You may need to check if rear shock has got Pro Pedal guess that would make a difference climbing.BTW only gone full suss for damage limitation as i’ve been diagnosed with Osteoporosis following a fracture in my spine.FWIW before this i took my Cove Hummer to the bike park in Whistler and on double black xc trails (not black runs in the park)Lake Tahoe,Morzine and Santa Cruz.Lets just say it coped as well if not better than i did!So up to you if you want to go full suss.Mine was kind of forced on me.

waspie
    Free Member

It’s a Fox Float RP2 which as far as I can tell has Pro-Pedal.

Think I’m tempted to go for this. I suppose I can switch back to the hardtail if I don’t like it.

coatesy
    Free Member

If it’s the one on sale at Sunset, then be quick, only available in 18″ and only a few left.

molgrips
    Free Member

Frames are the same on all the different ‘versions’ of kona bikes ie supreme, deluxe etc (apart from the Dew series and the road bikes… erm…). The 4 looks like a brilliant bike, btw, go for it.

simondbarnes

If you (or anyone else) fancy a 2008 19″ Four Supreme then Altrincham Bikeshak have a very lightly used ex demo (6 or 7 rides) going for just £1150 at the moment.

waspie
    Free Member

Yes, it was the one on sale at Sunset. Ordered it last night, new bike on the way shortly. 😀

Thanks for the advice folks.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Blatant advert alert! We have a few Brodie mettle’s (which are near enough the same as the Kona four) for sale at £1k reduced from £1600 if your interested?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kona Four Deluxe 2008’ is closed to new replies.