Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kona Dew opinions & sizing
  • thebunk

I need a new commuter bike. I can get a new Kona Dew for under £200 – but how do they size up? Evans says they are a compact frame size that come up 5cm smaller than stated. E.g. 56cm frame = 51cm

I’m 5’6″, and ride a 16″ Cotic Soul off road. The Dew has 700cc wheels, does that make a difference? Am confused by the use of metric, and funny sized wheels…

Anyone got one? Anyone know of something better for the price?

ta,

thebunk

edit – doh! Options are 45cm or 49cm…

titusrider
    Free Member

got one and its been great, the only thing about 700c is being a bit more gentle with curbs and steps but it definatly rolls faster.

I am about 5’7 and ride a 16 inch simple… cant remember what size dew i have, ill go out and have a look for you!

edit- Right i run a 52 cm, and id be wary of going smaller as its would probably feel too short
    humm mine is about 3 years old they might have changed the sizing system?

thebunk

Cheers titusrider. Will probably go for the 49″ then. Just found a Kona Smoke – the steel version! Choices, choices…

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a 56cm Dew (5’11) and it’s fairly short. By that I mean it’s short but fine, because it’s my pootler/commuter. Definitely not as long as a 56cm road bike would be. In fact it’s shorter than my 53cm Kona road bike, but that’s a funny compact frame also.

I love the bike btw – I have the standard cheapo version from 2007 or so – just gutted it doesn’t have disc mounts as the next year’s model did. Mine had strange grandad bars which I changed for a flat bar and 120mm stem I had lying around in the garage.

Does the smoke have 26″ wheels? The older ones did. A Dew should be a lot faster than a smoke anyway as stock, with those tyres.

chopper666
    Free Member

I have a 2009/2010 however it is the Dew Drop version, 5ft9″ and a 54cm is totaly fine for me

thebunk

Thanks for all your help.

Smoke is 29er too. I think I’ll go for the Dew though, it will be lighter and has disc mounts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kona Dew opinions & sizing’ is closed to new replies.