Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kona Dew Drop – any experiences/opinions?
  • HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I've got a month to get a cycle scheme bike and one of my LBS has a Dew Drop which I quite fancy as a do-it-all road, cycle path, farm track commuting bike.

So… any good/bad/indifferent experiences of the Dew Drop?

(Also, it's a 58 which i reckon should be fine for me: 6'1/2"; 33" leg; 32" reach (or so))

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Just picked one of these up for the missus. Really impressed by build quality and a pretty good spec for the amount I paid.

The discs are little bit of overkill really and it isn't canti or dual pivot compatible so you're stuck with them.

The bike isn't light but its very solid and rides very smoothly. Certainly an ace bike for commuting on.

She hasn't ridden it much yet but first impressions are very good.

Trekster

overpriced imo, nice but overpriced

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Cheers Handsomedog.

overpriced imo, nice but overpriced

Mm, kind of agree (especially the Nexave cassette with its 26 to 34 leap to low) but I'm cycle scheming it so that brings the cost down a bit.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I got the one from the missus from Wiggle on their week special – I think it was £412 at the time. Couldn't really sniff at it for that price.

I would pay the £600 for it though.

The nexave cassette is a bit of a mystery one, but hey, they aren't difficult to change.

ExRoadie
    Free Member

Hated mine when I first got it but it is now starting to win me over as a great commuter bike. It's very heavy, but also solid and rides very smooth, once you've got it up to speed. Think I paid £475 from Wiggle but I wouldn't have paid the RRP of £675 as the spec isn't that great!

nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member

From those that have one, would a 56cm fit a 6 footer? There was a small interchange between my old Cannondale and a car park max height bar at the weekend, with the Cannondale and roof rack loosing. I'm now in the market for something to use on the road with a bit of very light off roading (farm tracks etc).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kona Dew Drop – any experiences/opinions?’ is closed to new replies.