Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Knowledge of Litton/Langstrothdale bridleways
  • clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Hi

Am looking to extend a Tour of Pen-y-Ghent from Horton-in-Ribblesdale over into Langstrothdale.

NE via this BW

and

SE via this BW

Is this the right way round etc? Do they exist on the ground…

Ta, cheers. Paul

Marko

No idea – but here’s your friend:

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

Hth

Marko

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Geograph is your friend!

Looks pretty good to me!

allthegear
    Free Member

I don’t know about the second one but the first is fab. It forms the start of one of my favourite rides, from Halton Gill, over Horse Head Moor, turn left up past Beckermonds and over to Horton in Ribblesdale. Have lots of tea and then back up the Pennine Way to Hull Pot, onward to Foxup and back To Halton Gill.

Lovely

Rachel

CrispyCSW

The first 5 pics here show the climb up the bridleway over Firth Fell.

The descent starts rocky as in the picture posted by irbandito, then turns into a fast grassy descent (great fun)

pennine
    Free Member

Halton Gill to Horse Head is a ride/push up a steep easily followed track. The descent is one mega drop to Yockenthwaite. The top section has been renovated but in some ways better than the deep wet ruts of old.

Here’s the descent to Yockenthwaite

allthegear
    Free Member

noooooooooooooo! They’ve ruined MY track!!!!!!!!

Rachel

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Many thanks for the info guys and gal(s).

Looking good. Ta. Paul.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Know them all very well, they’re ‘just round the corner’ from home so ride them a lot. Firth Fell (better known as Birks Fell) is great from south to north, and rideable all the way over except only about 50m at the top, but a good hard ride up. The one over from Arncliffe is good too, to the top then double back to Moor End then down to Kettlewell (jeep track). We do an awesome ride from home, Long Lane (Helwith Br), Dawsons Close, Birks Fell, Cray pastures, Stake Rd, Semerwater, Cam Roman Rd, Cam Fell, Ling Gill, Birkwith Moor, Home.

C

lowey

Be prepared to be beasted though. They are tough climbs.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Ha, ha! Thanks Lowey. Am relatively better riding uphill than mincing downhill…

Did the ‘Grand Day Out’ off MTB the Dales website last week and am looking to squeeze in another route north of that STW Settle/Litton ride that you led.

Brilliant non-tech solo riding.

Cheers.

domino

Nice bit of inspriation for riding this weekend – hoping for good weather 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Knowledge of Litton/Langstrothdale bridleways’ is closed to new replies.