Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Know anyone missing a Pinarello Dogma?
  • bearnecessities

Looking into taking up road riding for my one a day, what with the delightful absence of cars, and spotted this very peculiar advert.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sky-Pinarello-Dogma-2-Push-Bike/324114267498

Garry_Lager

Pretty standard level of bike knowledge for a Dogma owner tbh. Listing a frame size isn’t what you normally see on a stolen bike ad – half of the legit sellers can’t even manage that.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I can imagine many of the tubby bankers I see riding around Richmond park advertising their bike with similar knowledge. It’s probably genuine sadly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zilog6128

Listing a frame size isn’t what you normally see on a stolen bike ad

it probably has the frame size on a sticker somewhere. “Push bike”, “cross bar”? 100%, painfully obviously, stolen.

crazy-legs

I’m going with probably legit to be honest.
    As mentioned above, I reckon it’s likely to be a post-Olympic “Team Sky are awesome, I want to get into cycling” purchase – ridden a few times around Richmond Park and then consigned to the shed when the buyer realised that it’s not as easy as it seems and he’s also bought a horribly shit bike.

You’d be surprised how few cyclists actually know what groupset they’ve got – quite often they don’t even know how many gears they have!

akira

All he had to was read ‘Ultegra’ off the crank and type it in. He’s managed to miss two letters out of a seven letter word when it was written down in front of him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Selling a bike like that with both pump and Garmin included.

Seems legit.

136stu
    Free Member

I think Gary & Scott have it – he’s also flogging a Ferrari leather jacket.

bearnecessities

Fair enough, thanks – if it is legitimate, and as a road bike novice, can I ask what would be a suitable offer on this example so that I could enjoy a Dogma for a few months and sell again without losing much?

crazy-legs

All he had to was read ‘Ultegra’ off the crank and type it in. He’s managed to miss two letters out of a seven letter word when it was written down in front of him.

Spell check / auto-correct.

Honestly, I’ve seen so many bikes like that where rich people have gone into a bike shop, asked for the best one there without caring about any aspect of it. One guy on a corporate event I worked on had given his PA £5000 in cash, told her his height and inside leg and sent her off to buy him a bike (people like that always ended up on Boardman’s because the “obvious” choice for the general public to go to was Halfords).

We used to get guys in just in advance of the London Triathlon – corporate types who’d been signed up by their companies, invariably banking or Big 4 accounting. They’d hand the credit card over and just buy “the best” road bike they could. None of them knew what they’d bought! (although they did care that it was better than what John in Finance had bought…)

scaredypants

can I ask what would be a suitable offer on this example so that I could enjoy a Dogma for a few months and sell again without losing much?

Imagine a well-know image with “one does not simply “enjoy” a Dogma” written across it 😉

/stw

crazy-legs

can I ask what would be a suitable offer on this example so that I could enjoy a Dogma for a few months and sell again without losing much?

Even with the Di2, it’s not worth £2500. £1800 at a push. It’s an 8yr old bike. And it’s got fairly basic Fulcrum wheels on it.

jkomo

Legit, what bike thief has a home gym.

alanl
    Free Member

Yes, I’d rate it as a £1500 bike at the most, £1k would be my guess, but I’m tight, and dont want a 8yo bike.
    There was a Pinarello from 2012 (or around then) last week, new from Swinnertons at £1500.
    They have some clearance bikes in for £3500+, so there’s no way an 8 yo bike is worth £2500.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Know anyone missing a Pinarello Dogma?’ is closed to new replies.