Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Knottingley area riders.
  • antares
    Free Member

Can anyone from this area tell me if the canal side is rideable if I get on it around Weeland Road and head east towards Eggborough, Great Heck and Pollington. Thanks.

antares
    Free Member

Anybody??

chipster

I rode through Knottingley today, first time I’d been on the road bike for at least 8 months. Knottla wasn’t nearly as painful as the road bike.
    Sorry, I’ve no idea about the tow path.

Cheers
    Sore Chipster.
    😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    igm

I don’t know but I know a couple of people who will. I’ll ask but it might be Monday. I suspect the answer’s yes from Kellingley on east anyway.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I used to live near there but moved to Wales when I was 7 years old.

antares
    Free Member

Cheers. Its not the end of the world. I’ve gotta make my way to the sister in laws in West Cowick from Wakefield tomorrow and would rather not use roads all the way. If I plot a route for cycling on Ride with GPS it sends me onto the canal at Knottingley but on the satellite view there doesn’t look to be a defined path.

davo
    Free Member

From the a645 road bridge in knottingley round the back of kellingley pit down to sudforth lane is over grown and not worth riding, plus you have to drag your bike over the railway bridge. You can follow the river aire at stocking lane and come out right in front of kellingley pit, turn left on the a645 for about half a mile then turn right onto sudforth lane, go over the railway xing and down to the bridge with the traffic lights on, hook a left back onto the canal down to whitley bridge, you need to cross over the selby road bridge and get onto the south side of the canal from templar close, ride under the road bridge and your next obstacle is the a19 bridge but there are some steps up it, carry your bike up cross the a19 and then down the steps at the other side. That brings you to whitley lock, you can now ride all the way to Pollington, you do need to get back onto the north bank at the heck lane bridge, ride under the east coast main line bridge and your there.

antares
    Free Member

Cheers davo I’ll take your advice and re-jig the route a bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Knottingley area riders.’ is closed to new replies.