Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Knog Oi bell – brass version; is it solid brass or just a brass finish..?
  • househusband

Can’t seem to find an answer to this online so thought I’d try here; would only get one if solid brass!

(I’ve got a few Japanese Crane bells in brass and the ring is so much nicer than other materials.)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shirley a breach of Trade Descriptions Act if not? (IANAL 🙂 )

househusband

Shirley a breach of Trade Descriptions Act if not? (IANAL )

Descriptions do state ‘finish’ or ‘style’ rather than ‘solid’, hence the question!

I thought YWAL at one time..? 😉

orena45

It’s aluminium with a brass finish. Mine arrived this week to go on my CdF and very happy with it.

househusband

It’s aluminium with a brass finish. Mine arrived this week to go on my CdF and very happy with it.

Thanks, orena45 – I’ll stick with the brass Crane bells; just fancied trying something else!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3Dq1Ydoa8[/video]

trout
    Free Member

very disapointed with my Ti oi the ring is not very good
    looks great
    but crap sound

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Spring in mine is pretty wobbly after 6 weeks use on my mtb so makes a noise all the time – pretty annoying…

NormalMan

^ that’s a shame. I was hoping it would be OK as a replacement for my Timber bell (loved the idea but it’s been less than ideal in practice unfortunately).

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

might be ok on some bikes, but i found i knocked it a lot with my knee and once the ringer thingy got knocked and twisted a couple of times, it just stopped sitting in the right place.

sure it would be ok on a commuter bike etc, but i don’t think it’s up to it for MTBs

munrobiker
    Free Member

Hungrymonkey, apparently they are aware of that issue and want you to get in touch for a replacement. Bad batch apparently, it’s why mine has been delayed.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Knog are amazing at making disposable bicycle accessories. Why the hell we support these companies is beyond me. Their lights with the rubber straps, that couldn’t be replaced, would snap after a few uses. I was initially keen on the Knog Oi bell until I saw the photos after the successful crowdstarter campaign and had an impression the quality wasn’t up to scratch with their initial proposals. It’s a shame my beliefs are being confirmed here.

cynic-al
    Free Member

orena45 – Member

I agree with bigblackheinoustoe. Just shite.

HH – I was, I and hence I caveat my comments 🙂

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Knog are amazing at making disposable bicycle accessories.

but they are really good at sponsorship. At least, the local importer is.

We got a box of assorted knog stuff to do with as we pleased (but don’t sell it).
    Used to just take a spare in my pocket. And then dump anything I broke in any random bin as I passed…….
    Still got one or two lights left out of the 30 or 40 I got.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Knog Oi bell – brass version; is it solid brass or just a brass finish..?’ is closed to new replies.