• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Knock and run annoyance – recommend a dummy CCTV camera please.
  • globalti
    Free Member

Our local idiot crew have been doing it on and off for years because they known our teenage son lives in our house. Last night it was at 1.20. I rang 101 because I need our local beat officer to know what the idiot crew are doing – he takes an interest in them and has issued Acceptable Behaviour Contracts and a couple of Section 59s to the scooter idiots, which work well. The bloke on the phone said: “this might be linked with another report we’ve had tonight….”

So I’m going to repair the ceiling light in our porch with a PIR activated LED light and I’m going to fit a dummy camera in the porch with a prominent red LED. Any suggestions?

Stoner
    Free Member

240v PD between knocker and metal mud scraper mat should do it.

beefheart
    Free Member

Electric shock doorbell.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mowgli
    Free Member

Stick it on a timer so you don’t zap the postman.

nedrapier

why not actual CCTV? It’s probably no more expensive.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A huge, bubbling cauldron of boiling piss

trail_rat
    Free Member

They will revel in the fact they are getting to you. Will just cover their face and carry on.

I vote shot gun shells

binners

Could you not rig up some sort of spring-loaded Wile E Coyote style booby trap involving….

v8ninety

Boom! Problem solved. Or at least deafened…

andysredmini
    Free Member

Why not get something like a ring doorbell. It will record them as they approach your door and record them when they press the bell.

perchypanther
    Free Member

There was an old bloke, not quite right in the head, called Billy Moon, who lived over the back of my wife’s parents house.

The local kids used to take great delight in winding him up.

I was standing looking out of the window when i saw a kid, about 11 or 12 sneak up to Billy’s front door, bend over and flip up the letterbox and shouted in “MOON MAN!”

Just at that, a hand shot out of the letterbox, grabbed the kid by the hair and pulled back sharply.
    I heard the klunk from 100 yards away as the kids head smacked off the door and watched him stagger away, slightly dazed, clutching his forehead.
    Billy must have sat on that chair, behind the front door, for hours. Just waiting.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

£24 outdoor night vision IP 720p camera
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-HD-720P-Bullet-Outdoor-IR-Night-Vision-Network-IP-Camera-Wifi-Webcam-UK-/322547264163?epid=838041070&hash=item4b1950aaa3:g:aDYAAOSwlY1ZL6zY

Free open source security cam software : https://www.ispyconnect.com/default.aspx

It would be fun to play with if nothing else. What a world we live in today.

plyphon
    Free Member

I’d play them at their own game. Wire your doorbell up to some shotgun blanks.

Cougar

Just at that, a hand shot out of the letterbox

Did he have a really big letterbox, or really small hands?

Cougar

(not a euphemism)

perchypanther
    Free Member

Big, 70’s council letterbox. Easily big enough to put your hand through.

THere were similar ones in the scheme I grew up in. They were big enough that some people were able to reach through them and operate the Yale locks from inside and open the doors.

Comedy ensued when the guy across the road from us locked himself out and tried to let himself back in using this method and got stuck with his arm through the door.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

leave a tray of anti-vandal paint on the doorstep every night

beefheart
    Free Member

Human glue trap.
    Admittedly it will make leaving your house awkward.

cdoc
    Free Member

Somewhere really close to your door, hook up one of these …

to one of these …

which is attached to the top of one of these …

which is full of this.

kcal

Used to get this a lot – especially with our son being taunted at school. Thankfully died out now but escalated for while, stuff through letterbox, eggs, sort of thing.

Police, school. It did help, and culprits were easily identified (wasn’t usually at night, but our house is easily exited).

Turn off doorbell at night (assuming they’re ringing, not knocking).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Knock and run annoyance – recommend a dummy CCTV camera please.’ is closed to new replies.