Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Knighton/Shropshire ride suggestions
  • Shackleton

Staying with my parents for a few days in Knighton. Hopefully they can be persuaded to look after little miss S for a day/a few hours so the wife and I can get out for a ride.

Can anybody suggest a ride, preferably without having to drive too far, that we could do? I know that there is long mynd but it is 45 mins away. Is that the best on offer in these parts? If so can someone suggest a route please? Trail riding rather than full face DH if possible.

Much obliged,

S

kayak23

Bucknell, or Hopton?

Bucknell is more ride up, wang down but it’s got some great trails.

Hopton is a trail centre but a bit different from most. It’s great.

Shackleton

Ta, will investigate. Found Bucknell on strava.

kayak23

It’s kind of more of a dh area really. Some natural but some steep trails. You’d likely miss a lot of trails if just visiting for a day as they’re hidden away a bit.

Hopton is great fun. A good red loop and also some dh track should you want it. Beautiful part of the world there.

gingerbllr
    Free Member

Hopton is probably closest, and it’s really fun. Nice xc loop and some dh trails there.

Bucknell is steeper and not marked so well but worth a visit.

About 25 mins away you’ve got Mortimer forest trails, a few nice easy runs tucked away near Ludlow – park at black pool car park. These are easy to find and most runs filter back to the car park so easy to call it a day when you’re done.

Other side of the hill from Mortimer is bringewood, steeper than hopton and Mortimer more of a dh focus, and not the easiest to find but super fun.

Shackleton

Cheers! Sounds like there are plenty of options for a short blast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Knighton/Shropshire ride suggestions’ is closed to new replies.