Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Knife Sharpening
  • Flash
    Free Member

Hence his wit

chewkw
    Free Member

Practice sharpening cheap knives using Japanese waterstones then practice, practice again … read all the instruction from the net. Try out the techniques that suit you. Simple.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Another user of those cheap Amazon doo dahs here. Not touched the steel since I got it. Fast. Works. More time for life – and still that knife gliding through stuff thing.

Sorry to be a pleb.

CountZero

A highly recommended sharpening devise, although not cheap, is the Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker. Very simple to use, and very effective, and the ceramic sticks make good files as well.
    You’ll know when you’re getting good at sharpening a knife or other edged tool when you can shave your arm with a Gransfors camping axe.

cheez0
    Free Member

oilstone and tea towel for me, plus a good steel, keeps my Dick in tiptop condition.

sharpening machines/gadgets are for sausage fingered sheep.

oil or washing up liquid on stone, using a ‘cross the blade’ motion, never along. keep both sides at the same not-too-shallow angle and take your time.

oh, and mind your fingers!

eruptron
    Free Member

I bought one of these off my Snap On dealer to use at work but was so impressed it’s now at home. Works a treat. I gave up on a steel after buying this really impressive for such a simple idea.
    Gatco knife sharpner

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Knife Sharpening’ is closed to new replies.