Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kneeling chairs – Anyone with knee issues use one?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve buggered my knee up and sitting in a regular office chair with no load on the muscles in my leg around the joint isn’t doing me any favours.

Would using a rocking kneeling chair help, or would that become uncomfortable after a few minutes too?

fasthaggis

You kinda need to try one out.Partner uses one for part of her day (WFH)but mixes it with standing and a draughtsman chair.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I use a gym ball, keeps me dodgy knee moving and under different loads.

hardtailonly

My wife uses one, but has had a recent knee niggle and doesn’t find the kneeling chair that comfy just now.

I’ve had a knee niggle for a few months, and ordered an adjustable height workstation, so I can stand up at the times when sitting down just seizes the knee up.

Harry_the_Spider

That’s the issue. Sitting still isn’t a problem until I try to move or get up! I need to keep it loaded and moving slightly.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

In my experience the kneeling chairs are really great initially as they remove the loads and strains from all the places that have built up in your normal regular chair.

Then the different loads and strains build up and you are just as uncomfortable.

I discovered that regularly changing position on which ever chair you use, plus standing, stretching and generally moving was the only solution.

You look a lot less ‘special’ if you can do this at home rather than in an open plan office.

blurty

A kneeling chair made my sore knee worse.

I got a wobble stool instead – good for core strength and posture

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Would a standing desk be better for you? I have read those kneeling chairs put a shear load on the knee and might not be that brilliant but I’ve no real expereince of them.

I’ve a standing desk at work, and soon to be gettingn one at home as I’m swapping jobs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.