Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Knee popping/cracking any ideas?
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

Aft’noon

Seem to have a wee knee issue. Only my left leg. But my knee keeps popping or cracking, it’s not painfull but feels odd and slightly disturbing. Seems to be either when my knee is fully straightened and then when bending back. Feels a little like when you may crack finger knuckles sensation wise. Also when sitting on a chair with my knee bent but relaxed it feels like it dislocates and drops a little ( I’m sure it’s not as I guess that would be painful but that’s the easiest way to describe it). Incedentally it’s no issue at all when riding.
    I know it’s probably see the quack time but has anyone here had similar or any ideas on remedying the situation?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Cracked or floating cartilage. Keyhole surgery could solve it but if it isn’t bothering you…..

Zoolander
    Free Member

Not sure i like the sound of that

kiwifiz
    Free Member

You need to distinguish between popping sound effects from the knee cap joint as opposed to deep within the main knee joint…..a hand on the front of the knee cupped over theknee cap as you bend should let you distinguish the (more common and less problematic) knee cap sound effects from the deep main joint ones……usually felt more right round either one side or the other of the knee away from the knee cap.

From your description sounds like knee cap is tracking under tension in it’s groove, and clicking as this excess tension drags it a little off course…..feedback after doing the above though for more clarification….

mintimperial

My right kneecap has done this since I was a lad. I have never had any problems with it, it just pops sometimes when I flex it fully, like knuckle-cracking, as you say.

You should go and see the doc if you’re worried, obviously.

MrSparkle

I get that too. My Doctor tells me it’s quite common in Caucasians and nowt to worry about. http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/injuries/a/aa092500.htm

Zoolander
    Free Member

Cheers folks.
    Kiwifiz – it seems to be from the kneecap itself or tbh just above the kneecap slightly to the outer side (of my leg).

nwgiles

I think it should be amputated at the thigh

Zoolander
    Free Member

At the thigh? Nooooo!

pete68
    Free Member

If you don’t fancy amputation from the thigh, try amputation from the neck. I guarantee you’ll never notice your knee again.

meiklebike
    Free Member

could be a terrible case of kneesils. cause for concern, but not nearly as bad as accute smallcocks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Knee popping/cracking any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.