Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Knee arthroscopy meniscal tear – anybody had one
  • Tiger6791

My leg has now been amputated, thank god for SPDs

Good luck for Sat though 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

lol, im not sure I like reading between those lines!

Cheers!

Tiger6791

Very happy after the op, knee is much better.

In fact I’d not thought about it until I saw this thread so that speaks volumes.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Cheers, appreciated!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Has it this morning. No info back from surgical team yet but sent home without crutches and told to take it easy for a week and then get back to light exercise. No limits on extension or bending, put weight on it as much as feels safe but don’t sit for hours at a desk, no exercise for a week or two but bring it in slowly and see hw it goes.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Had mine on 21st December and my knee has vastly improved. No locking, no pain. Hurt for a few weeks. Had a meniscus tear and A Osteochondral lesion, so they discharged me on crutches and touch toe weight bearing for a few week, then full weight bear. Pretty much back to normal now, just got to build strength up in muscles.

woody21
    Free Member

My operated on knee actually feels more free than the other unoperated on knee

marko75
    Free Member

Has it this morning. No info back from surgical team yet but sent home without crutches and told to take it easy for a week and then get back to light exercise. No limits on extension or bending, put weight on it as much as feels safe but don’t sit for hours at a desk, no exercise for a week or two but bring it in slowly and see hw it goes.

Its amazing how much medical advice changes. I have had 3.

One when I was 8 years old – 3 days in hospital. One when I was 16 – 3 days in hospital. Final one when I was 28 (10 years ago) – turn up in the morning, surgery, physio asks me to walk up some stairs after recovery – discharged in the afternoon with light duties. Its been all good since but left leg is no where near as powerful as right leg.

woody21
    Free Member

Although the knee surgery was a success, I still suffer with a Bakers Cyst (Popliteal Cyst) usually after sitting at my desk or after driving. The Dr says I could have a steroid injection,. Has / does anyone had / have the same problem and had a steroid injection (or other treatment)

deev
    Free Member

about 3 months for me until mine went back to “normal” it was never quite the same though.

Do the physio exercises, they really help.

Im waiting for another one on my right knee as well as getting my ACL rebuilt, Judo, keeps you fit. And mildly crippled.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Eight months on from mine and knees perfect. Well worth having done. Just Achilles tendon tear now in my other leg 👿

woody21
    Free Member

Cheers

teenrat

I’m now joining the arthroscopy club. Had MRI results yesterday and told i have a horizontal tear in the meniscus and scar tissue. Been told if its just clean up, then its two weeks, but if it needs trimming/cutting then it will be six weeks with no weight on the leg. Was in knee class for two years for my acl op on the other knee and i really, really dont want to go back there!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Knee arthroscopy meniscal tear – anybody had one’ is closed to new replies.