Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Klosters / Davos
  • soundb0y
    Free Member

Evening all.

Has anyone been biking around Klosters/Davos area before?

Myself and 2 mates have been offered a weeks stay early May time and are very keen on the idea.

I have a few questions though as this will be our first alps trip and really have no idea what to expect! We have only been riding since the summer.

What sort of travel would be recommended? I’m assuming ill be fine on a 2013 zesty 714 but will my mates die on 100mm ht 29ers?

Do I need to look at better protection, ie fullface, pads etc?

Any essential items that we may not think of taking?

If anyone else has been to the area will the snow mostly be gone by mid may?

Cheers all, appreciate any advice! Im sure there are more questions I just cant think of right now also.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Anyone?

pjm84
    Free Member

I think there will be too much snow still on the ground. I have a mate who now works and lives in Davos. He has suggested to us that August would be a better month for hitting the trails.

He ride the trails on an 100mm 29er.

Yes to protection. Yes to the heated outdoor pool as well.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Dam I hope not as really this is the only time we can get away. Probably be for the 3rd week in May.

I have seen a few sites say the season starts from May but it seems very hard to find any info at all on the resort. Are the lifts open all year round?

If there is snow is it likely just to be the peaks leaving some good riding slightly lower down?

Any idea on costs to rent bikes over there?

Cheers

back2basics
    Free Member

trails are pretty good, some variety too, XC stuff can sometimes seem a little dull but its nice views and i enjoy that kind of thing.
    travel i ran with 120/5″ all round on my nicolai at the time and it was fine. i also used shin/knee pads and full face, but that was more for protection as i was doing a big tour of europe and didnt want it to end with a broken shin/knee – looking back i’d probably just run shin.
    you can get free trail maps from the tourist office, they are bit like ski maps, if you need more detail you’ll have to buy OS type equivalent either from the Tourist Info (cant remember if they had them) or a bigger “Book Shop” type place.
    Enjoy – although as prev. said its probably still got a lot of snow.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Ok great sounds good.

Maybe we should chuck some skis in the van also!

soundb0y
    Free Member

Well it looks like the lifts are going to be shut when we are there (13th-20th), are they a necessity or is there plenty of other riding about?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Klosters / Davos’ is closed to new replies.