Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Kirroughtree / Dalbeattie accomodation recommendation
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Am in the process of organising an annual trip to Scotland for this spring / summer.
    We have in the past stayed only in Innerleithen (at the bike house) which is great and concentrared our riding at Innerleithen and Glentress, But looking to add a night over at the Kirroughtree or Dalbeattie area, so riding one or both of those trails as none of us have ever ridden them.
    So looking for a recommendation of MTB suitable accomodation in the area, of a similar type as the bike house. Will be something like 6 of us (8 max), and itd be only for one night

Cheers

iainc

Greenhead lodge, just north of Dumfries is ideal for a larger group. We had 9 in it on a stanes weekend last yr. Comfy and great value

Trekster

http://eat-sleep-ride.com/mountain-bike-map
    Gorsebank nr Dalbeattie
    Mar thrown of Mabie, in Mabie.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Brilliant I’ll look at those recommendations

Trekster
    br
    Free Member

Mabie House Hotel, at the trailhead – they also have self-catering.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Either a Jumbo Pod or, for more riders, the Bothy at Gorsebank right next to Dalbeattie.

Trekster
    stilltortoise
    Free Member

+1 for Marthrown of Mabie, if you fancy something a bit different. Mabie trails and the skills loop are literally on your doorstep and it’s a bit more interesting than the hotel down the road. It depends on how many home comforts you want and how close to a bar you’d like to be.

hughjengin
    Free Member

What I am finding the hardest is trying to get a one night stay only

lamo
    Free Member

we stayed in kippford just down the road from the trail head. the anchor is biker friendly and does great food.
    we actually stayed in the mariner which was ok but went to the anchor every evening and will stay there next time we go. it takes 5 mins to poodle up the road to the trails….

hughjengin
    Free Member

Brilliant, more leads to follow there.
    Thanks

Dogsby

Hughjengin,

I have a cottage just up the road (10 and 15 mins drive to Dalbeattie and Mabie respectively or 30 mins cycle to each) that might be an option depending on when you wanted it. It has beds for 6 but you would be able to squeeze eight if you were prepared to bring camp beds.

Drop me a line if it is of interest.

Dogsby

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Greenhead Lodge is excellent. We always try and stay there when we’re in the area. Sauna too!

hughjengin
    Free Member

Hi Dogsby,
    Just dropped you an Email

Dogsby

Hughjengin,

Cheers. Will check when I get home this evening.

singletracksurfer

and http://www.galloway-golf.co.uk which I didn’t see mentioned above.
    I stayed there and it was a good price, comfy and very friendly.

wilsation
    Free Member

I’d sleep on the beach if it meant I could ride the best trail centres ever…..

SOAP
    Free Member

Dogsby emailed you about availability.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Kirroughtree / Dalbeattie accomodation recommendation’ is closed to new replies.