Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie

Home Forum Bike Forum Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie
  • B.A.Nana

Based on your above limited info your horoscope says……In the month of October, Your friend will probably prefer Kirri, you will like both, but Dalbeattie will be your favourite. 8)

coogan

Kirroughtree is waaaaay better that Dalbeattie IMO.

I like Dalbeattie but Kirroughtree is better. Dalbeattie always seems to get a bit of a kicking on forums but I think it's very good.

Premier Icon mrh86
    Subscriber

Cheers for the replies so far…..

How do dalbeattie and kirroughtree compare to glentress and innerleithen?

Diane

Both good. Dalbeatie is a bit easier on the legs.

Diane

Neither are jumpy but good technically and not too scary .

Diane

Sorry just thought of something else 🙂

Diane

Whilst GT and Inners are essentially up up up then down down down, Kirroughtree is up down up down …… which i found really tiring but i'm not that fit.

Premier Icon mrh86
    Subscriber

Heading up to scotland in a couple of weekends time for a weekend away. Provisionally planning on doing Kirroughtree and then either dalbeattie or mabie. Now, the question is how do these trails compare to glentress (red) and innerleithen (which we rode a few moths ago)?

I like some moderatly technincal sections with a few rocks, steps etc, but one of the guys who is also going is more into fast, smooth things. Any comparisons from people that have ridden both would be good.

Cheers

Premier Icon mrh86
    Subscriber

Cheers. I really fancy doing kirroughtree, and I think we'll def do that on the saturday. What we do on sunday will be dependant I think on how tired our legs are and how much everyone enjoyed it.

The plan at the moment is to stop off in the lakes, or at whinlatter for a quick loop friday afternoon, then up to scotland for a days riding on saturday and sunday. I imagine we are going to be pretty tired come sunday so something nice and easy might be in order.

robhughes

diane you got it in one.
    kirri done my brain in up down up down.
    like a bloody rolercoster(black).
    to be honest not my cup of tee.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Kirroughtree is pretty unlike glentress, too different to compare. IMO a lot tougher skills wise, I've never seen so many people falling off as I did at Mcmoab 😆 (not that I did, because I'm just that 1337) Quite a few features that could put the fear of god into people I reckon. If I'd not done nevis red, I reckon I'd have found some of the steps and steeps a bit much on the black. I had a feeling of "getting down" rather than "hitting that big step yo"

It's a big ol' ride mind, I'm not all that fit but still, I'm alright and by the end my head was wilted. Mcmoab pretty much pulled the legs off me and I didn't quite recover.

It is awesome though.

robhughes

diane you got it in one.
    kirri done my brain in up down up down.
    like a bloody rolercoster(black).
    to be honest not my cup of tee.

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

If someone called my wanting to go for a ride Kirry would defo come before GT.
    Gt is as Diane says up,up,down, down which does my head in 😐

I much prefer the techy nature of Kirry and Dalbeattie, working for the rewards 😆

My all time fav is Mabie but then I only live 1/2hr away and was night riding last night

Kirry, McMoab(can be bypassed via forest road)

Dalbeattie rocks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie’ is closed to new replies.