Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • “Kira” the trail dog.
  • redthunder
    Free Member

“Kira”
    Not my dog, but a friends when we meet out on a ride.

It’s great! I get the fun bits! and I dont have to feed it , walk it or vet fee’s 🙂

It loves chasing sticks as all dogs do 🙂

Show me your trail dogs 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

Call that a trail dog!

This is a trail dog!

Maximum “Ave it”

willard

SPANIEL!!!!!

We like Spaniels. Best dogs in the world.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Call that a trail dog!

This is a trail dog!

Yeah surfer, but it’s afraid of pussy cats innit like? 😛

Nice doggie though!

anagallis_arvensis

Not been on any trails yet, mainly as I havent been able to for ages, but hopefully when I’m fixed she’ll be old enough!! Her names Kea

[img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/anagallis_arvensis/puppy/P1000038.jpg[/img]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah the “ear” dog a_a…I do love those ears. We gotta stop these dog threads….soon someone’s going to post a Border and then I’m going to cry ‘cos I can’t have one 😥

househusband

What breed is Kea, anagallis_arvensis? Or just plain Heinz variety..? She’s sweet!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What breed is Kea

I’m convinced that while anagallis_avensis has been bored, he’s managed to get a horse in there somehow…those ears!!

anagallis_arvensis

The short answer is she’s a lurcher, the long answer is she’s 3/8 greyhound, 1/4 whippet, 1/8 border collie, 1/8 bearded collie and 1/8 bedlington terrier.

Sometimes its just one ear up and sometimes none!!!

2hottie
    Free Member

ha ha DD here is said Border, Brian the trail dog,

2hottie
    Free Member

sorry extra pic

Drac

Stop posting of Borders the temptation to get another wears thinner each time and there’ nothing wrong with my overweight, lump riddled, geriatric Lab.

Noooooooooo and now puppy ones.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know, it’s the “brian the puppy” pic that gets me every time. I will have one some day!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Stoppit, stoppit, stoppit – can’t have one, been told and this is just not fair.

redthunder
    Free Member

Another friends dog….”Robbie”

Kira again:

Lionheart
    Free Member

Trail Dogs at Rest! some of those others just have short legs!!

redthunder
    Free Member

and another…

anagallis_arvensis

some of those others just have short legs!!

Bet Kea’s faster than yours 😀

warton
    Free Member

Lionheart is that ridgeback? How are you finding it? really want one, but as a first dog I feel it may be too much, so thinking about starting with a greyhound….

2hottie
    Free Member

well I just found were the GF put the old Pics of Bri as a 8week old pup

Sorry guys/girls but thought I would share these with you all…

anagallis_arvensis

thinking about starting with a greyhound….

Dumber than a box of frogs greyhounds, hard to train to do anything, theres a nice ex racer I meet in the park with Kea but it goes back to its owner only when its ready, breath takingly fast though, just dont let one see a cat!!

Lionheart
    Free Member

Hi Warton They are pointers, a German Short-Haired Pointer (GSP) and a Hungarian Vizla, I agreed a Ridgeback is dramatic start, they can be a real handful. Great first dog to go with bikes is the GSP. Viz is great but his balls are too big!
    Kea might be fast running around in circles! (and prob in the initial sprint) but I doubt she would still be with these a few miles later….?

swavis

German Pointers make great trail dogs, easy to get along with too. Sooooo loyal,

If a bit mad 😉

anagallis_arvensis

but I doubt she would still be with these a few miles later….?

True, she’s only a baby though!! Needs a good lie down after 5 mins of sprinting!!

djglover
    Free Member

Plenty of rat type things above ^^^

surfer
    Free Member

Little legs dont make much difference.

Like people they respond to training. My Lakeland will run 15 miles at around 7 min/mile without any problems on mixed ground. I looked after a friends Spaniel a couple of years ago and after 4 miles of paths I became concerned for its health and had to walk back to the car!
    Pedigree dogs often look fitter than they are, especially the “hound” types that look like 100mph when standing still. They still need conditioning.

A friend had a lurcher that was in good shape but he couldnt take it running as it would take off in bursts. He has a Border now!

swavis

And strong

Leo spying out some red socks on our way up to Carn Ban Mor

colnagokid

Jim, the fastest dog in the park on the look-out for squirrels! no good as a trail dog tho!
    Jim on squirrel patrol" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Lionheart
    Free Member

swavis – great looking GSPs, and some lovely looking dogs on here, greta pics – good fun for a dog fan

swavis

Cheers Lionheart. Loving those lugs on anagallis_arvensis Kea too, don’t think they’d look so good on a GSP though 😉

I’d definitley agree about the conditioning. Leo, the larger 4yo will easy run 20 miles but we’re starting slow with the little one, no more than 30 mins with the bike to start with. Mind you, he’s only 9 months so I think he may be a bit of a giant when full grown…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘“Kira” the trail dog.’ is closed to new replies.