Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kintyre Way 3 Ferries Ride
  • Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Hi,

I had a go at riding some of the Kintyre Way at the weekend. There wasn’t a lot of info available on it from a riding point of view, just a couple of blog posts and few things on here. Anyway, it was actually pretty good and a lot of effort has been made to way mark the route. The scenery is brilliant and the route is ideal for biking. Calamc are doing a direct ferry to Campbeltown now so it’s easier logistically than it was a few years ago. There’s a write up here if anyone is interested in giving it a go:

http://www.gmbc.org.uk/kintyre-way-exploring//

Tom

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Didn’t spot the new Campbelltown ferry till it had nearly finished last year – so did the three ferries on the road bikes on the last weekend it was sailing. Was expecting the bit down the east coast of Kintyre to Campbeltown just to the a coastal pootle – jings theres some hills! Really nice run though.

Spotted there was an off-road route as well so will have to check out your writeup

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Nice write up. I’d been looking at this but knowing you can do it in a day is very interesting.

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Thanks. I’m thinking of some other variations on this over a weekend. Maybe trying the southern bit of the kintyre way or staying in Lochranza and doing an offroad route across Arran to finish.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

nice one Tom 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kintyre Way 3 Ferries Ride’ is closed to new replies.