• This topic is empty.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Kingdom Vendetta X2
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

https://kingdombike.com/collections/hardtails/products/vendetta-x2

Ti frame, lifetime warranty £799?

Aside from the rear dropouts ‘only’ taking ye old fashioned 142mm, i’m struggling to see a downside to a frame costing only £100 more than a Stanton steel one?

ajantom

Geometry chart says 148 x 12 🙂

If I was in the market for a Ti hardtail, this’d he hard to beat!

dumbbot
    Free Member

Oh yeah, so it does..I stand corrected. I was just looking to find fault somewhere,..so I don’t want to buy one quite so badly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bubs

That does look very good but I’m struggling with the sizing. Those top tubes are long.

karlsbug
    Free Member

This is such a bargain, I mean a genuine bargain but the longer you leave it the more the price goes up, its £1099 in October, but still a good price even at that!

dumbbot
    Free Member

Sizing looks spot on to me, reach is only 7mm longer than a medium Stif Morf. Ideally I’d like a slightly shorter seat tube, but I’d still get a dropper in.

Mmmfft, someone find something wrong with it.

jruk
    Free Member

Straight gauge tubing I guess?

Kamakazie

Looks an utter bargain. Modern geometry numbers, takes 29″ wheels and from a reasonably well known supplier who’ve produced some very good frames to date.

Seriously tempted.

bedmaker

That’s a fantastic deal. I paid a little more than that for mine direct from China.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

ISCG05 (tick)
    more tyre clearance (tick)
    No unnecessary internal routing (tick)
    Threaded BB (tick)
    Replaceable mech hanger (tick)

Yes, I’d have bought that if it had been available a few months ago.

loughor
    Free Member

That is one fine looking frame. Anyone know if it would take a rigid fork also (29″) ? Wish I hadn’t read this thread, could be costly !

BillOddie

“Only” 29×2.35 tyre clearance though, which is a bit of a shame.

Probably be alright with a 2.4 ardent or similar though.

gaidong
    Free Member

I’m in. Just ordered a large after talking to Chris.

bubs

gaidong – how tall are you?

gaidong
    Free Member

@bubs, I’m 189 cm tall with 89 cm inside leg. Chris said a L or XL would fit but better 170mm dropper fit with a large. The X2 geo is based on the Vendetta extra long and I’m not rad enough to be completely stretched out.

AlexSimon

Why is it so cheap compared to their other hardtail frames?

gaidong
    Free Member

Chris said, if I understood right, that they were testing the market at a lower price point. I’d been looking at Chiti direct and this is cheaper once you take delivery into account ($800+150), and that’s not even worrying about tax and import duty and guarantee.

It’s an absolute steal. I was going to wait another year or two but couldn’t overlook this. Kingdom are limiting the first batch to 25 bikes all sizes told so I didn’t want to hang about.

Gaidong

gaidong
    Free Member

@Alex, more specifically they’ve used standard parts rather than CNC for the head tube etc, which apparently cost a fortune. Another upside is the X2 frames are lighter than the dearer ones!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It would be interesting to see what the geometry is with a 110/120mm 29″ setup.

I want a ‘trail’ HT – something like a Ti Sherpa, without the £1800 price tag.

AlexSimon

So nearly bought one. It’s the perfect hardtail imo. But by the time I’ve built it up it will be about £2200 which I just can’t afford at the moment – trying to buy a van to turn into a camper.

gaidong
    Free Member

@Hob Nob, this is what Chris Sent me this morning for L/XL:

“In terms of X2 as a 29 with 120mm fork these are the headlines for you: unsagged

X2 Large:

HA 65
    SA 74.5
    WB 1208
    ETT 638
    BB drop – 34.5
    Reach 466
    Stack 630

X2 XL:

HA 65
    SA 74.5
    WB 1229
    ETT 658
    BB drop – 34.5
    Reach 484
    Stack 629″

“770mm standover for a large X2, running 120mm Pike 29, with 2.3” tyres on a 40mm wide rim.

781mm standover for a large X2, running 120mm Pike 29, with 2.3” tyres on a 40mm wide rim.”

Gaidong

andeh

I’m so tempted, but I’m not sure it’s an easy purchase to justify to Mrs A 😳

….they say it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission though 🙄

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Gaidong – thank you, that’s awesome.

Annoying for my intended use, it’s probably a bit too much. I have a ~65 degree, low, slack 29″ FS, I wanted something a bit more calm natured!

gaidong
    Free Member

@Hob Nob, http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-ec44-ec44–to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-740-p.asp

@Andeh, I ordered mine looking across the room at my wife, her oblivious. More it’s devious, more it’s delicious 😀

Kamakazie

Is it ok with longer forks for a 29er?
    Thinking more like 140mm than 120mm but wouldn’t want the BB getting too high!

andeh

I ordered mine looking across the room at my wife, her oblivious. More it’s devious, more it’s delicious

I’m aroused

gaidong
    Free Member

Designed for up to 150 mm fork. So gagging for a 120-150 mm Dual Air!

Kamakazie

Assumed that was for 27.5 wheels but I guess it won’t make a huge difference.

AlexSimon

Actually – looking at the price of plus-sized stuff, I’d be struggling to get it fully built for £2200. Especially if I wanted shorter offset forks. Probably did the right thing (he says having come back to the checkout page a second time)

gaidong
    Free Member

Alex, even with the Easton Arc rims on CRC?

chakaping
    Free Member

Mmmfft, someone find something wrong with it.

Chainstays are very short, I’ve ridden bikes with a similar geometry and they feel unbalanced IMO, so that I felt I couldn’t go as fast as the front of the bike wanted me to.

Others may love it, but I think that slackness & length warrants longer stays for stability.

bruneep

just discussing with mrs b.

Me:its just a straight frame swap all the parts will fit.

Her 🙄

Me 😀

I think she knows better than me

gaidong
    Free Member

I’m rooting for you Bruneep [slightly admirative you discuss your impulse purchases…]

honourablegeorge

Sorely tempted by this – very close to my Fast Forward – .2 degrees steeper SA, half a degree steeper HA, and 12mm extra reach – but the BB height is a full inch higher, which really puts me off.

reallygoodbikes
    Free Member

One of my friends has just highlighted this thread to me. I run the UK demo program for Kingdom bikes, so if any of you fancied trying these bikes out just contact me directly.

The X2 is incredible value, and can be run with 150 forks with 29er wheels if you want. It is definetly 148 boost back end.

Any questions just fire away.

Cheers

Adam @ Really Good Bikes

honourablegeorge

Adam – can I have a free one? 🙂

AlexSimon

but the BB height is a full inch higher, which really puts me off.

Yes, interesting that. 55mm for the Pace RC127+ (unsagged too).
    The low BB is one of the things I like most about the Bird Aeris.

honourablegeorge

I put 29er wheels on the LAst recently, to try it out, and even though the increase over plus is pretty small, I felt higher up straight away. An inch is a lot.

chiefgrooveguru

Strange how little BB drop it has. My 27.5 (not plus) Bird has a 45mm BB drop so I’d expect another 8mm drop on a 27.5+ frame and 19mm more on a dedicated 29 frame (and somewhere in between for a 27.5+/29 bike.

thedude
    Free Member

Yeah I don’t get why it’s so high, was interested but my scout has 60mm with a 140mm fork and feels great. I was thinking of a Shan gt which has 58mm drop.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Kingdom Vendetta X2’ is closed to new replies.