Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • king rear wheel dilema……?????????
  • myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Based on experience as a mechanic at a certain large shop in Manchester, then another mtb shop in Leeds – I’d go for Hope anyday. We used to have no end of problems with CK rear hubs. Ok the odd Hope flange broke – but it was an insignificant number considering the amount we sold. Incidentally, we also had CK flanges break so it’s not a Hope specific problem. Hope are just so easy to service and are a UK company offering the best after-sales/warranty service I’ve ever known!

hora
    Free Member

always run Hope 20mm Pro IIs on the front and Ive got my 6yr old King on the rear.

andywhit
    Free Member

BTW – King have now replaced the rear cone bearing adjuster thing with a simpler screw on arrangement that has a locking collar (allen key bolt to lock).

the_lecht_rocks

i find the 2.5mm key lock collar less friendly than the spline interface of previous 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL “I’m running a king hub and it’s 6/7/8 years old”

My shimano’s are 6 years old, running fine with occaisional servicing & one freehub a bit worn, I don’t even think twice about it and they’ll keep on going, just like the 1990 xt’s now on a road bike.

But king owners have to say how great that makes their hubs.

the_lecht_rocks

cynic-al in not riding any distance over a 6 year period shocker 😀

UK-FLATLANDER

I have CK, Hope Bulbs and Hope Pro II’s. All have been very reliable, however my LBS has had at least 3 ProII rear hubs with broken springs in the last couple of months. I do like the near instant engagement on the CK, and find the noise from the Pro II a bit excessive. If you can afford a CK why not also look at the I-9s – look very nice.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘king rear wheel dilema……?????????’ is closed to new replies.