Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • King of Biscuits – Cost v Benefit Analysis.
  • martinhutch

I am somewhat concerned that this thread has got this long without mention of the mighty chocolate covered hobnob. The true king of biscuits, currently available at my local shop for £1 a pack.

Agreed, but this is a cost benefit analysis. Is one pack of 15 Choccy Hobnobs the equivalent of about 150 custard creams?

Rod

Aldi fruit & nut biscuits…. hands down! (think they might be Fox’s in disguise)

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Foxs Party Rings end of thread

Or

Cadburys Animals

I am 5 again

mogrim

Homemade, wins on all counts.

But if they have to be shop bought, Carrefour brand digestives.

RustyMac

Agreed, but this is a cost benefit analysis. Is one pack of 15 Choccy Hobnobs the equivalent of about 150 custard creams?

It is a cost benefit analysis but the benefit of a chocolate hobnob is infinitely greater than 10 custard creams.

martinhutch

OK, say you have a pound budgeted for biscuits for a month. Which is better, 5 custard creams a day or one choccy hobnob every two days?

beefheart
    Free Member

the benefit of a chocolate hobnob is infinitely greater than 10 custard creams.

And in turn, the benefit of a caramel digestive is infinitely greater than a chocolate hobnob.

Caramel digestives will never leave crumbs in your tea, and you can trust them 100% not to collapse when dunking.

matt_outandabout

*reports beefhearts post*
    Ecxessive reliance on dunking performance, no account taken of stand alone flavour.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Digestives for the first 3-4 dunks (remembering to crack them along the natural fault line first – stops them falling into the abyss) then Ginger nuts.
    Digestives MUST be McVities – Ginger Nuts however can be Asda’s own – nice and fiery

jamiea
    Free Member

I must be an odd creature, I’m a big fan of rich tea but don’t drink hot drinks into which they’re designed to be dunked…

Cheers,
    Jamie

ocrider

Caramel digestives? They’re the ones with the cardboard stuffed between the biscuit and the chocolate, right?

Hobnobs or, if on the continent, BN breakfast bicuits (a chocolate digestive with a hint of Hobnob)

DezB
    Free Member

Rich Tea.

Surely a biscuit has to be enjoyable?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Have to agree on those assorted “broken biscuit” boxes you can get from the range and shops like that. A kilo for about 2.80.

A bit of luck is needed when selecting your box of choice. But mostly they are great, with loads of chocolatey high quality biscuits.

Problem is I could probably get through one in a day if it was sitting in front of me.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘King of Biscuits – Cost v Benefit Analysis.’ is closed to new replies.