Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • King of Biscuits – Cost v Benefit Analysis.
  • bearnecessities

Ginger Nuts.

Drac

If it’s Ginger Snaps then it has to be Rington’s nothing but homemade is better.

matt_outandabout

Cost v benefit? The lowly rich tea FTW.

zippykona

Bourbons.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Hobnobs

matt_outandabout

Bourbons.

Opulence on the cost front.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Ginger nuts. But – you can pimp Tesco value rich tea with some hazelnut spread and make them into a fancy Spanish style sandwich biscuit thing.

Tesco value bourbons for sure, but it’s the next rung of the cost ladder. Nice thing about ginger nuts (Tesco value again) is they’re low fat – for a biscuit – and can be justified as having medicinal properties too. Maybe.

Hobnobs – way up the cost ladder, but mighty fine if you’re feeling flush. Mmmm. Biscuits.

Nick

Jamie
    Free Member

I had some digestives last week. Weren’t too bad with cup of tea.*

Oh, and most superstore own versions seem to better than the now apparently micron thick digestives McVitities make.

*This is probably the dullest thing I will write this year.

bearnecessities

The lowly rich tea FTW.

Nice. A contentious contender straight in! However, a packet of malted milk is available for less than Rich Tea…

pk13

On the question of biscuits what’s the accepted “take” when offered more than 2 but less than 5? And I never dunk in a customers home but if I’m in the garden I will. It’s so hard not to offend.

br
    Free Member

malted milk

craigxxl
    Free Member

I would have ginger nuts but only time I like them is dipped in coffee and that’s just asking for trouble.

matt_outandabout

however, a packet of malted milk is available for less than Rich Tea…

Link, or it didn’t happen…

bearnecessities

On the question of biscuits what’s the accepted “take” when offered more than 2 but less than 5?

2, without question.

chrismanc
    Free Member

Agree with ginger nuts. Try not to buy them to much as I always end up eating the whole pack.

Money no object choco hobnobs ftw..or quality shortbread. Infact screw choco hobnobs…decent shortbread ftw!

malted milk dipped in milk! Mmmm. Good job the biccy tin is empty!

matt_outandabout

Rich Tea = £0.23p per 300g, Tesco Value.

bearnecessities

Link, or it didn’t happen…

Oh, I saulte you and I retract. It appears the malted milk attracts a 16p premium in the tesco value range.

The question remains though, cost v benefit – an (approx) 30 malted milk at a ha’penny extra per biscuit, over a suicidally dull rich tea?

jim25

Without a doubt milk chocolate malted milks.

JCL
    Free Member

Sainsburys Fig Rolls and Waitrose Garibaldi’s dunked in tea and eaten in combination.

Nectar of the gods.

votchy
    Free Member

Ginger nuts are definitely top dog, equally as good dunked in tea, dunked in nice cold milk and just as good on their own, nothing I know is as diverse 😀

Problem is they do not last long as I always dunk a pair back to back meaning a pack doesn’t last long 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

If it is Bang For Buck I don’t think that you need to look further than the Custard Cream.

carlos
    Free Member

My current biscuit of choice is

– Sainsburys own brand Bourbon 30p

Bregante

Always been partial to a jammy dodger myself.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/jammie-dodgers

And where do we stand on Jaffa cakes? If we’re allowing them in as biscuits the Jaffa’s win hands down.

twonks

Fox’s Ginger crinkles are nice and normally on offer.

Morning coffee biscuits dunked in tea or rich tea in coffee 😆

My fave is the Pepper crapper or whatever they are called from IKEA.

rickmeister

Are Jaffas allowed ?

disco_stu
    Free Member

Hobnobs provide the best value for me but I am partial to Nairn Stem ginger oat biscuits, a bit pricey but they have a lovely fiery ginger taste to them.

DezB
    Free Member

The cheapest choc chip cookies in Lidls.
    Dunno what’s in them but no other biscuit comes close.

sandwicheater

Anything, I’ll shove it all in with gusto.

Currently shoving in co-op cheap bourbons nom nom nom.

theteaboy
    Free Member

The question remains though, cost v benefit – an (approx) 30 malted milk at a ha’penny extra per biscuit, over a suicidally dull rich tea?

I’m a quality over quantity man (when it comes to biscuits, anyway)

6 Aldi white choc and cranberry cookies for ~80p. Heaven, and a pack will last a few days.

None of this shovelling in vast quantities of moderately edible brown stuff thanks very much.

DrJ

Ginger nuts definitely tops. For alpine trips, may I suggest the humble Petit Beurre makes a lovely post-ride nibble? With plain chocolate topping, if you feel you’ve deserved it.

brakes
    Free Member

I would have said Ginger Nuts as they’re like crack, but they give me indigestion if I eat more than 10, which I tend to.

So I’ll go for custard creams.

anono

Whilst I would never turn down any biscuit, the economy versions do tend to leave one feeling a little “dirty”, so I propose the noble fruit shortcake – good crisp texture, enhanced with a scattering of sugar, tempered by the soft fruit buried beneath.

Maybe not the ultimate biscuit experience, but a consistent all round performer at a very reasonable price.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Curve ball, unbeatable on cost:

martinhutch

Custard creams, although their moreishness may work against them. Could be Rich Tea – first one is nice, next one is OK, third one is hard work. A pack could last weeks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What MOAA said – Rich Tea.

RustyMac

I am somewhat concerned that this thread has got this long without mention of the mighty chocolate covered hobnob. The true king of biscuits, currently available at my local shop for £1 a pack.

brakes
    Free Member

the economy versions do tend to leave one feeling a little “dirty”

hell yes! that’s the point.
    a perfect example is the custard cream – if you eat its constituent parts separately – the biscuit and the “custard” – they taste rank, but together they are nomalicious.

bigrich

double coat Tim Tams. terrifyingly moreish.

brakes
    Free Member

£1 a pack

woah there Mr Millionaire, get gone with your luxury foods.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘King of Biscuits – Cost v Benefit Analysis.’ is closed to new replies.