Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Kinesis Pro 6 new project.
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

I’m like a dog with two dicks at the moment.
    I said I was going to build a Cyclo Cross and as the post man keeps bringing stuff, this is where I’m at so far!

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8094/8350517974_0088442cfb_b.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8513/8349462441_4e9dd3ff62_b.jpg[/img]

Just waiting for Barry at Firth Cycles to build my wheels and should be ready to go for next weekend! 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice. BB looks like it needs a tidy up. Blob of paint?

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’m the sand paper king so not a problem that bit of paint!

chainslapp
    Free Member

Have you got a spare set of step ladders or a large beer crate to get on it??

tk46hal
    Free Member

Plenty of large beer crates here! 😉

cchris2lou

Nice , building a pro 2 at the moment .

tk46hal
    Free Member

Cchris,

It would be nice to see the build when you finish it.

cchris2lou

Will do but might be a while .

I dont understand why the pro 2 has a disc tab though ?

Seems an older model .

cheers_drive

A bike build on a carpeted floor, i assume youre not using any grease then?
    What wheels are you going to use?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Cheers_drive!
    In t-north, carpet is 10 a penny! 😉
    No! Proper build at my LBS on Saturday pm! Grease will be used!
    Wheels, I’ve gone for Open Pro’s on red Hope Pro 2 Evo’s! This should allow me to run 23mm up to 35mm. I also have a pair of Crests floating around but 28mm is the narrowest tyre they will take so will probably run mainly the open pro’s for 99% of the bikes work.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

why not BB7s?

timbur
    Free Member

You’ll have fun getting them there brakes working nicely. Tried to do a set on a Tripster build and they never really worked 100% IMHO. Nice rotors though.

rOcKeTdOg

Needs a white stem

tk46hal
    Free Member

I got the last 54cm frame-set at a ridiculous knocked down cash price and got the Tektro’s thrown in as well so will give the brakes a go. No harm to try them! If they don’t perform well then I’ll deal with it then.

organic355
    Free Member

heres mine, just had a wash and chain clean, currently on commuting duties until I can build myself a cheap commuter after my last one died.

I like it though, so tempted to just keep it as a commuter just now as it functions well in the winter.

More pics from when it was 1st built here: http://imgur.com/a/PbIFi#0, but now seatpost changed to thomson and stem slammed

tk46hal
    Free Member

Organic355!

Looks great, can’t wait for the weekend.
    By the way, The red hubs look mean, Oh! very nice build indeed! 🙂

gee
    Free Member

They are brilliant bikes. I ride mine on the road, on rough roads, on Mtb trails all over the N Downs and it’s just excellent. Off road it is most impressive really – feels like a 29er with silly tyres. It sounds odd but you don’t really notice the drops off road.

tk46hal
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg!

Stem colour was always going to be an issue choosing white or black, but decided to go for the white saddle with a black sued line down the middle and the black stem between the white bars!
    Each to their own! 😉
    If it bugs me, it will get changed!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Hi All,

Being new to this CX, sti thing build, I’m told I will need some in-line cable adjusters as there is no adjustment from the sti shifters unlike the MBT ones! Can you recommend some.
    Thanks.

Del

sjs cycles have them IIRC.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Well, 99% finished. I spent the afternoon up with Barry and Ryan at Firth Cycles, Queensbury and got it together. Just the usual set-up stuff to do but first a ride before I finish the other 1%.
    Barry has made a fantastic job of the wheels! 😀
    Some pictures!

lucky822928
    Free Member

Looks fantastic and even more when you lose the extra steer tube after your fit!

tim3
    Free Member

Nice bike. Enjoy!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Looks great – really nice build. I have a Tripster at the moment which I really rate, but am quite tempted by an ‘upgrade’ to a Pro 6. The forks look especially cool – is it a carbon steerer?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Yep, the forks with the pro6’s are carbon. I’m really pleased how it has turned out but a little cautious as I haven’t ridden drops for decades! 😕

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Go for the hoods! 🙂

scratch
    Free Member

Nice! Any chance you can post the full build weight if you have a sec?

tk46hal
    Free Member

With the heavy tyres it weighs 21 lb’s. When I get the CX Pro tyres on it should be nearer 20 lb’s. I’ve just got back in from having a little play on it and it feels so light and quick. I can’t wait to have a proper ride out!

Digger90
    Free Member

Gotta say I’m not a fan of those huge headtubes on CX or road bikes but Man, that thing does looks sweet! 😀

You’re going to have a lot of fun on that!

organic355
    Free Member

Looks good, I see you took inspiration from my red hubs? 🙂

Looks pretty similar to be mine (pic pre steerer cut and stem flip, seatpost changed):

……so i cant really say anything bad about it, do think a white stem would look better though 😉

Bars/tape dont look too comfy? I stuck some gel pads under mine for extra comfort.

organic355
    Free Member

reckon you should slam the stem too, it will look much meaner!!!

bol

Mine should be built up for a ride out on Thursday night. Really looking forward to it, but there was a rare tinge of sadness as I wheeled the X into the shop to be stripped yesterday. If only there were room in my house (and wallet) for both.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Bar tape will get changed to something more padded but it was all Barry had in stock and will probably go black or even (red)? 😕
    Top of the steer will get chopped after I’m happy with the position!

lucky822928
    Free Member

I’m not sure about red for the bars. Stick with the white until you have to change it!

chainslapp
    Free Member

Looks really good mate, enjoy.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Chainslapper!

It’s the future of cycling, a do it all bike and who needs suspension when I have all that white bar tape! 😉

I’m really pleased with it and like a daft sod, I’ve been riding it around in the spare room tonight because we have a foot of snow. Bloody weather! 😥

chainslapp
    Free Member

Its typical mate, you get the bike sorted and then the weather changes so you cant ride it. 😳

tk46hal
    Free Member

FINALLY, I got to play out this morning on the bike for the first time since finishing it. I found that I just moulded in to the whole NEW TO ME drop handle positions after 1/2 hours of riding and really enjoyed the whole experience, a little bit of a new bike syndrome probably! 😉
    I only thing I found quite different/difficult was the braking power, or the lack of it. You really do need hands like shovels to get the power on compared to the mountain bike stuff, but apart from that, I’m still a mountain biker at heart, I really, really love the Pro 6.

chainslapp
    Free Member

With you being 5’6″ and 28 stone may have something to do with the brakes…. 😆

tk46hal
    Free Member

At least I don’t ride with one of these stuck down my top! 😆

Seriously though, I might have to save the pennies and invest in some hydraulic system thing!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Pro 6 new project.’ is closed to new replies.