Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kinesis Crosslight Wheels 9mm to bolt thru??
  • fenboy

I have a set of gen 1 or gen 2 Kinesis crosslight wheels, i bought them secondhand off here. They are nice wheels, light and well built.

I’m thinking of upgrading my frame a Singular Kite which is 9mm QR to a Fairlight Secan which is bolt through, I have another set of heavier wheels i can use as well but like the lighter wheels and running different tyres on 2 wheelsets to swap about. if possible I’d like to resue them as it saves me buying new lighter wheels straight away? I also like faffing about with bits and bobs….

Does anyone know if the crosslight can be converted to bolt thru? I know later versions do and the other wheels i have are the Kinesis maxlight 29r wheels they came with all the relevant conversion bits and bobs? But i can’t find anythng to tell me if these crosslights can be converted or not??

DrP

TBH, I’d call Upgrade:
    Postal
    Upgrade Bikes Ltd
    Units A-B
    Star Road
    Partridge Green
    West Sussex
    RH13 8RA
    United Kingdom

Phone
    Tel: +44(0)1403 711 611

I’ve the same wheels and I’m 90% sure they CAN’T be changed…but newer ones can..

If you speak with upgrade, can you post the reply here too?!

DrP

Stainypants

I’ve got the gen 3 and they can’t be changed to bolt through. I think that only came in the gen 4s.

fenboy

So … drP I rang upgrade which i probably should have tried first! They were very helpful though.

no they can’t be changed only the gen 4 and 5 can be! So new wheels to budget for too!

cheers

hopkinsgm

Are they Crosslights or Crosslight HD’s? The series numbering of the HD’s doesn’t align with the non-HD’s, so Crosslight HD (v1) = gen 4 Crosslight, Crosslight HD v2 = gen 5 Crosslight.

fenboy

Mine are gen 1 or 2 non HD, so definitely not convertible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Crosslight Wheels 9mm to bolt thru??’ is closed to new replies.