Kinesis Aithein owners out there?

Home Forum Bike Forum Kinesis Aithein owners out there?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kinesis Aithein owners out there?
  • JoB

you’d be hard pushed to get 25mm tyres and Crud guards in there, it’s tight as it is with 25s in the rear

it’s racey, that’s for sure, a carbon post might help a bit

Fantombiker

Looking at buying a aithein frame, anyone got one? Its a long time since I had a aluminium frame…..

I was going to build it up for a winter bike. Our club rides don’t slow down in winter so I need a racey bike for winter. I was going to put the crudguards on it and to counteract the expected harshness I was going to put a carbon post and run 25mm tyres…anyone do this?

Cheers

jamesr

I think rather than compromising with an Aithein, I’d get a TK3 or whatever the latest incarnations is called.
    Great frame: light, stiff, good handling and room for proper guards and big tyres.

mtbtomo

I’ve run one in winter but without guards.

And I wouldn’t say it was particularly harsh. Firm yes, but harsh no.

Kinesis do other frames if you want 25mm tyres and guards though. Why do people think Kinesis; think good value frames and then try to make the Kinesis race frame into a winter bike? You just wouldn’t do it on a big brand race bik….or would you??? So why do it with the Aithein?

I’ve got one cos I’m happy to make do without mudguards and don’t want the compromise of a heavier not as racey frame – I haven’t even tried the Aithein with 23mm tyres and crudguards though there are some in the spares box.

But they’re ace frames and Kinesis warranty back up is excellent!

mtbmatt

I don’t find mine harsh at all. I did 1100km in 4 days and didn’t have any discomfort.
    People expect to it be harsh as thats what they are told aluminium is like, but I have ridden carbon bikes that are more uncomfortable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Aithein owners out there?’ is closed to new replies.