Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kindles and public library "overdrive" system
  • scaredypants

I wanted to get a kindle for my dad. He reads loads and apparently our library does lots of ebooks.

The website says that kindles are only compatible in the USA. I don’t suppose anyone knows either why/how this is the case or (better) whether there’s a way round it ?

cheers,

Scaredy P

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

My mum uses the library a lot. Last I knew of it she couldn’t use Kindle to borrow as it wasn’t supported. .epub is supported, so does it have to Kindle?

mav12
    Free Member

i used it on a galaxy tab looks like it works on the fire as well.

mav12
    Free Member

its in the ipad apps store aswell

scaredypants

yeh, works on quite a few others. Just seems a shame; it’s widely said that kindles (and their like) are the best purely for reading, and that’s all he’ll do with it

🙁

Cougar

You can use Calibre on a PC to convert .epub files into .mobi files easily enough.

How that would work in actually getting them out of a library I don’t know. Maybe library > phone > PC > Kindle? Seems a bit of a faff though. If the library is a dealbreaker then a different device might be the best choice here.

scaredypants

library is absolute requirement

technical incompetence is the unicorn to be corralled

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kindles and public library "overdrive" system’ is closed to new replies.