Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • kindle fire trouble
  • novaswift
    Free Member

can anyone help please . I’m trying to transfer ebooks from my calibre library to my kindle fire but each time I connect my kindle to the pc it doesn’t appear on the calibre library . where am I going wrong ? cheers

stanfree
    Free Member

Mmm mine work alright , just click on Transfer to Device If I remember correctly. It was a lot easier than I thought It would be.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Are you sure its even possible ?

Pretty sure the kindle fire makes using third party books as hard as possible. Think you need some kind of app file manager to do it

Milkie
    Free Member

Try looking under Docs instead of Books.

novaswift
    Free Member

the basic kindle appears in the library but not the fire!!!

stanfree
    Free Member

Any advice where to download ebooks from . ? 😉

mav12
    Free Member

are you seeing it as an external drive in my computer i had this problem and altered someting in the fire setings and then could see it

novaswift
    Free Member

it transpires kindle fire only works on Windows xp with a Windows media player 11 upgrade . done that and still cant get it sorted after 4 hours I’ve had enough . thanks for the tips

novaswift
    Free Member

a system upgrade to Windows Vista or similar is required . seems my old co system is outraged . crafty old amazon

jota180
    Free Member

a system upgrade to Windows Vista or similar is required

What OS are you running W95? – Vista is way old

You should be able to see the Kindle as an external device, providing your PC supports USB, you should then be able to simply drag and drop the files

novaswift
    Free Member

I’m running xp which doesn’t recognise the kindle fire through calibre

jota180
    Free Member

I’m running xp which doesn’t recognise the kindle fire through calibre

Calibre work OK with XP so it’s not that

Can you not see the Kindle in My Computer when it’s connected via USB?
    You sometimes have to give things a couple of minutes to show up

novaswift
    Free Member

have tried dragging books into kindle but can’t find them on there . calibre works fine with the basic kindle on my pc but it simply isn’t recognising the fire using my pc is a,bit like paddling through treacle so I’ve a pal who is going to upgrade me to Windows 7 probably not before time! thanks to all for advice

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘kindle fire trouble’ is closed to new replies.