Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kindle fire and apples.
  • polarisandy
    Free Member

LOL, anyone yet tried to use their kindle fire with a mac yet, or tried moving music CD’s, audio tapes videos across?

Would be interested to hear how you did it.

I am starting to wish my son had got an iPAD for christmas.

PrinceJohn

Try an android bit of software called airdroid, I use it on my phone to copy photos across, not sure if it works the other way round tho! For that I use a program called sailing sync on the mac.

There’s also a program called double twist that’s quite good.

jota180
    Free Member

Have you tried looking on Amazon?

chipsngravy
    Free Member

It seems straightforward

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSVFrlAsn8Q&sns=em [/video]

polarisandy
    Free Member

Thanks for the help, it is simple but no one i spoke to at Amazon seemed to know the answer.

The problem was how to get said files onto the kindle.
    When you plug it into the apple the kindle is not recognised at all.
    Apparently it’s too new to be recognised by macs.
    So you have to download their Android transfer program.
    But then it doesn’t support any of the formats that CD/DVD use and won’t convert them.
    Their solution was to download Amazon cloud drive, which didn’t work, then Amazon cloud player, import everything into iplayer and then upload anything i want to listen to/watch on the KINDLE to their cloud and stream it or transfer from the cloud to the Kindle and try and delete it from the cloud.
    Amazon seem to have no software equivalent to itunes that helps you convert, manage and transfer your content.
    The design seems based around the assumption that you will purchase most things online from Amazon, store them in the cloud and access them directly from there.
    The lady on help seemed to be amazed that in the UK we don’t wander about bathed in ultrafast wifi. I have to drive pretty much 100miles to even get 3G..

anyway i figured that i could just upload to itunes and then drag and drop the converted files into the android app.

Cheers

Cougar

Should just appear as an external drive, drag & drop. Unless Amazon have done something odd, anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kindle fire and apples.’ is closed to new replies.