Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Kind honest people…..
  • buck53

Is there a default assumption (in general, not you specifically) that muslims in burkhas are crooks?

Go and have a look at any news stand, you’ll see that assumption before too long.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Found a Samsung Galaxy outside our store last summer,left on a bench. phone kept ringing but was PIN locked so we couild not answer it. A couple of hours later a very emotional Romanian lad came into the store asking if a phone had been handed in,I asked the usual “security” questions,where lost and make,model and colour etc.,all checked out ok so he got the Samsung back. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone so relieved in all my days,it was his girlfriends Galaxy and they were over visiting family,he was virtually in tears to have got it back. I still get a warm feeling when I recall it,even now.

sbob
    Free Member

Jon Taylor – Member

sbob – do you realise you told the very same story approx 10 months ago, with the same Daily Mail jibe to finish?? Scroll up….

Nope, I didn’t realise. 😆

😳

brooess
    Free Member

brooess – Member
    There’s loads of this stuff goes on but it doesn’t make social media or sell papers…

My mate’s derailleur hanger snapped on Pitch Hill but a bloke in a Landy gave us a lift back to Holmbury to save us a long walk.

I think that might have been me! Some time ago now? Did one of you have to jump in the back with the bikes because I only have one passenger seat?!

Couple of years ago, yes 🙂 thanks again!

Northwind

I lost a wallet a few years back, it was handed in with a wee note inside that said something like “I have handed in your wallet as I know it’s not nice when you lose your wallet. I have stole the money though to teach you to take better care of your stuff” Couldn’t really argue with that 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

sbob – Member
    Jon Taylor – Member
    sbob – do you realise you told the very same story approx 10 months ago, with the same Daily Mail jibe to finish?? Scroll up….

Nope, I didn’t realise.

Any least you know that you have a stalker now though…

thecrookofdevon

Was once riding my road bike round Loch Earn. Got a puncture and when I went to put in spare tube realised I had forgotten my pump. Tried asking some fishermen if on the off chance they had a pump in their cars. One bloke told me to take his car instead which I did clocking up about 30 miles driving round trying to find somewhere to buy/borrow a pump. Got back about an hour later with a few beers for the guy who lent me the car who was not the least bit perturbed by his disappearing car and my road bike was crap.

Jamie
    Free Member

Go and have a look at any news stand, you’ll see that assumption before too long.

Ok..

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lRDyL6W.png[/img]

….Nope. Nothing 🙁

mrsflash
    Free Member

I lost mine the day before Christmas eve in a car park in town. Someone found it and rang GF’s work as i had his business card in there, left his name and phone number. Got it back within an hour. I was so relieved. All he said was “it’s not the right time of year to be losing stuff like this”.

kcal

yup, wallet dropped, lost and handed in at Glentress car park – rang my mobile number (which was on business card in wallet) just as I realised I didn’t have the wallet any more (back in Edinburgh)..

natrix
    Free Member

Was once riding my road bike round Loch Earn.

There must be something about the folk near Loch Earn. I was there a few years ago and as it started raining heavily, we all donned our waterproofs apart from one chap who’d forgotten his. Seeing this, local came out of his house and gave him a waterproof coat that he no longer needed, it was only a cheap one, but an incredibly kind gesture all the same.

TheDTs
    Free Member

My dad was in town once when he was younger and still living at home, lost his wallet, walked home, knock on door next morning, it was the postman, with his wallet, which he found the previous night when he was in town.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Two or three months after my original post I found a purse in the street near my work. It turned out that it belonged to an elderly woman. I handed it to staff at a nearby coffee shop who made a phone call and arranged for her to pick it up – she wasn’t even aware that she had lost it.

She left something like a fiver reward for me, I also got a free coffee, and importantly, the opportunity to a good deed to someone after the same had been done to me. The world’s a better place when we help each other 🙂

jamj1974 – Member

OT. Give my regards to Coulsdon on your way through next time Ernie. Can’t believe they knocked the old library down. Spent many a happy hour in there as a child… Is Taylor’s Toys and Sports still there?

I don’t really know Coulsdon other than to cycle through, although the Addiscombe CC club runs start at Coulsdon South Station. The only change I’m aware of is that huge pub, The White lion I think it was called, has long gone.

And there is an Italian pavement cafe called Nonna Rosa which is used heavily by Addiscombe CC, as you can tell by the Addiscombe logos on their wind barrier :

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

People have taught me that you should admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-accusations.

You haven’t convinced me.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbgvYPVdXE[/video]

pk13

At work 8 am Sunday mornings and noticed someone had left there house keys in the front door pissed from the night before. Car keys etc all on one bunch. After ten mins of banging on the door the bedroom windows opens and a barrage of abuse follows until his wife get the gist of the conversation And blew her top at him. Happy hangovers

Kahurangi

Well it is as true today as it was 10 months ago*

Indeed, it was just a bit of deja vu as I read the thread from the beginning.

Any least you know that you have a stalker now though…

😆 More like basic reading comprehension

JoeG
    Free Member

Well, the Seattle Seahawks 6th round draft pick failed his physical with a heart condition. They cut him from the team, which they have every right to do. But before they cut him, they signed him to a contract, which they did not have to do given the results of the physical. They’ll have to pay him a year of salary, and signing bonuses. So a $550,000 act of kindness. 😯

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/classy-seahawks-sign-draft-pick-before-having-to-cut-him-due-to-heart-condition-234534881.html

Cougar

The other week I bought a sandwich from the local Asda for lunch. Paid at the self-service tills and got £50 cashback at the same time (the Asda self service machines let you do this).

The next day I checked my wallet and realised I’d not collected the cashback from the machine (the money-out slot is low down + had lots on my mind at the time).

I did that with £20 the other day. Walked away, got all of maybe ten yards from the till and then realised. Went back to find another couple using the till I was at, and the money slot empty. I made a point of looking round the till, seeing if the money had “fallen on the floor” etc, whilst this couple stood there looking at me.

Given I’d been away for a few seconds there was only one place it could be. I said to the bloke, “excuse me but, when you came to the till, was there any money in it?” He scowled at me for a couple of seconds and then, without saying a single word, fished in his pocket and gave me my money back. Unbelievable.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Kind honest people…..’ is closed to new replies.