Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kind-hearted Bristol cyclists – your trails need you tomorrow!
  • MrAgreeable

Assuming you're not busy barging dog walkers off footpaths, there's the opportunity to do a bit of sprucing of the trail in 50 Acre Wood tomorrow. See here for more details:

http://www.bristoltrailsgroup.com/events/147-50acre11-7-10

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Do we do a rain dance beforehand, or have you hired some jackhammers?

MrAgreeable

We've got the pokey funpole if any ground needs breaking up:

But I think tomorrow's going to be more about getting some of the curves back into the trail – there are loads of bits on the first climb that used to be bendy and are now straight.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Coolio. And lots of gravel to shove in holes too by the looks of the BTG website 😀

MrAgreeable

Gravel?!

Big stuff for the base layer, scalpings to bed it all in, then fines to make the surface look purty and stop the skidders from dragging out the big stuff underneath.

It's way more complicated than gravel doncha know. 😉

pjt201
    Free Member

i've got to go to the hospital in the morning and the prognosis from there will dictate my attendance (or lack thereof).

MrAgreeable

pjt201 – Member

i've got to go to the hospital in the morning and the interestingness of the Tour from there will dictate my attendance (or lack thereof).

Fixed for you. 😉

pjt201
    Free Member

good point well made. Mustn't forget the mountains start tomorrow. Although, to be honest I think I've almost had enough of sitting in front of the TV doing nothing…

BigDummy
    Free Member

(Have liked you on Facebook so as to be able to lend a hand come October) 🙂

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

I'd recommend 6 ft plus scaffold poles with a pinched end over those skinny ones you're using there (is that real a bunch of UK volunteers all kitted out in hard hats?). Plus long straps are magnificient for wrapping round rocks and dragging them about. They let more people to get purchase whilst simultaneously avoiding loads of fingers and limbs in potential crush areas / situations.

Just a thought 😎

MrAgreeable

Cheeky, nah that's a bunch of sue-happy Merkins. Will keep an eye out for scaffold poles, we've done a bit of playing with big rocks and I'd like to do more.

BD, good man. Looking forward to putting a face to a name and all that. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kind-hearted Bristol cyclists – your trails need you tomorrow!’ is closed to new replies.