Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Killing moss on a tarmac drive
  • MoreCashThanDash

Any suggestions what to use that will get rid of the moss without wrecking our aging tarmac drive?

Thanks

onehundredthidiot

Lidl bio washing powder.
    It’s what my neighbour uses and it’s quite good not sure how environmentally friendly it is.

stumpyjon

Wet and forget is my go to.

wbo
    Free Member

1 part vinegar 3 parts water , spray on generously

scuttler

Dri-Pak Soda Crystals from supermarket.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Sapphire Hard Surface Cleaner.. its like a much better version of wet and forget.
    Dilute into a sprayer (1l to 20l of water) or scale down the ratio.

https://www.agrigem.co.uk/weed-killers/moss-killers/hard-surfaces/sapphire-moss-killer-1l

If its a thick layer of moss either scrape it off first or will need several applications over a few weeks / months to get it completely clear.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the suggestions, was going to scrape it off first

CheesybeanZ

Tesco bio powder , leave it on a week and brush up the dead moss .

RustyNissanPrairie

bruk

Did this recently as was starting to get moss on the sheltered part of the tarmac drive. Bargain sized box of biological washing powder. Sprinkle liberally over the area and leave till it rains. Worked really well. Now o just need to brush up all the leaves and pine needles. This time of year is a pain

colp

Costco do a 5L container of wet & forget (dilutes) which seems to work

funkmasterp

No advice just wanted to mention that in read the title as Killing Moses on a tarmac driveway and it made me laugh

wheelsonfire1

Why not just let it live? It’s an ecosystem like a coral reef. Yes, the green might clash with the black/grey of the quarried stone mixed up with the petrochemical glue but, hey it’s just nature! (Not the drive).
    Or drive on it?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’m sure Jeyes fluid is popular for this job.

Houns

Iron sulphate

kayak23

Moss Death

fossy

Iron sulphate – dilute some in a watering can and job jobbed. It’s also great for greening your lawn – way cheaper than branded lawn fees. Just zapped some mild “greening” on my drive with the stuff.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Well done Kayak23! Well done!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.