Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Killing Eve
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

This has got to be one of the best series of the year so far ..

Jodie Comer as Villenelle ..an assassin who also happens to be a psychopath..is superb ..

Almost wish we hadn’t binge watched all eight episodes …

wallop

Yes, it was rather good, wasn’t it?

jimster01

I’m limiting myself to two episodes an evening

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Brilliant television.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Best thing I’ve watched in years. Fantastic television.

did accidentally reveal the ending to a friend thinking they’d already finished the series.

i wasn’t / am not popular

tmb467
    Free Member

Lad I knew a long time ago is responsible for the music – which in my honest opinion only added to the enjoyment

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ll admit I’d leave my wife for Villnelle, even knowing full well I’d likely not survive the week.

ross980
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it too, though everything Phoebe Waller-Bridge does seems to be fantastic.

That’s the first I’ve seen of her,  but I loved Jodie Comer in it too, some people have said they  thought she was a bit pantomime but I thought she was bloody brilliant.

If you’ve not seen it, watch it!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Top five series in my book.

Breaking bad, game of thrones, Altered carbon, the wire, killing eve?

Feels like I’m forgetting something though

hodgynd
    Free Member

It would appear that the door has been left wide open ( literally ) ..for series two ?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We watched 6 episodes back to back then had to go to bed. Watched the other 2 next night, brilliant.

Loved Bodyguard as well.

Digby

Jodie Comer was great as ‘Linda’ in ‘Bovril Pam’ as well!

Really enjoyed Killing Eve – Phoebe B-W certainly seems to going from strength to strength with her writing at the moment!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve watched 2, enjoyable but not entirely working for me.

GF loves it tho so I’ll probably see it through

llama

Please no spoilers

Done up to ep4 and so far it’s up there with the best the beeb have done this year.

Sound track is top banana.

Fargo crossed with Utopia

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Na, Fargo mibbe a wee bit, but utopia was way more disturbing. The one liners in KE from Vilanelle are tremendous, even at the darkest of times.

Agree re soundtrack, subtle yet very good.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’ve been watching it after listening to people rave about it, and its pretty good.

I happened to mention this to the colleague who recommended it to me, and innocently remarked that, watching the credits, one of the actors had the same name as his son. And then the penny dropped. And my very modest colleague just smiled and told me that he keeps it sort-of quiet as he doesn’t want to be seen as a Hollywood Dad.

If it was me, I’d have had t-shirts made.

mariner
    Free Member

Villenelle looks like an ex girl friend of mine.

I recognise certain characteristics please don’t tell her where I am.

spacemonkey

Started watching it on Mon and we’re currently on E5.  Mindbendingly brilliant.

Absolutely adore PWB too.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

new series 2 was commissioned before series 1 had even been aired …. excellent

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I hated every screechy middle of the road moment of it, neither dark, sinister, funny, sexy or smart

hodgynd
    Free Member

Why didn’t you just stop watching it ?

Jodie Comer isn’t sexy ?..

You must have really high standards ..😁

muggomagic

I thought it was alright. I liked it’s dark humour and enjoyed it a lot more than the bodyguard which I felt was really let down by a ridiculous ending, but I guess that’s for another thread.

jimster01

Good to see Martin back from the bridge too, excellent casting.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I was disappointed by the ending but still loved it overall. Bodyguard was too ridiculous all the way through (though I still watched it..)

fatmax

Two episodes in and loving it. And agreed about great to see Martin from The Bridge too!

I’d crawl a thousand miles over broken glass for a night with Jodie Comer!

richmars

Unlike Bodyguard, the characters in Killing Eve are likeable, esp. Villanelle, which, for me makes it much better. Hope they keep it up for Series 2.

DezB
    Free Member

Still savouring it here. Not reading the thread in case of spoilage 🙂

sadexpunk

really really enjoyed it, very good.  villanelle was played to perfection, had me laughing in places with her mannerisms and dialogue.

for those JC fans, i think she played the mistress in dr foster too didnt she?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why didn’t you just stop watching it ?

Jodie Comer isn’t sexy ?..

You must have really high standards ..

TV snob mate, it’s too ‘middle of the road’, as bad as music snobs, anything that’s popular is shite, you have to be into some really obscure band that no **** ever heard of, and have saw them play in a gig with like 3 other people there….

rOcKeTdOg

can you imagine Jodie comer’s face when she read the script, actors dream role!

fasthaggis

🙂

piha
    Free Member

I found Killing Eve to be brilliant and enjoyed it much more than The Bodyguard. I liked the story, characters and music.

Some of the music has been played on 6Music recently and I was surprised that most of it is quite recent. A friend happened across the set of season 2 in London this week whilst they were filming and saw the lovely Jodie Cromer.

hodgynd
    Free Member

@Nobeer ..😁

Judged to perfection …

IHN

Mindbendingly brilliant.

Come on now, that’s a bit OTT. It was good, much better than the average dross on telly, Jodie C was very good as Villanelle, but it was definitely not ‘mindbendingly brilliant’.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s good solid fun with the right amount of dark to keep it on the right lines.

I also liked the bodyguard but I wasn’t expecting a documentary about close protection 😉 Nice to ramp it up for a finale in the same way Line of Duty did into the less real more adrenaline finish. How very un british of them 🙂

IHN

It’s good solid fun with the right amount of dark to keep it on the right lines.

Perfectly put.

muggomagic

I also liked the bodyguard but I wasn’t expecting a documentary about close protection

Nor was I and it really was only the last episode that let it down IMO particularly the walking through London to a housing estate with a bomb strapped to a “terrorist” was just too much. They also seemed to rush it with the confessions at the end too. Line of Duty does it way better.

fasthaggis

sad face

richmtb

I’ve been really enjoying it

One episode to go, should get to sit down with the wife and watch it tonight, if easyjet actually manages to get me home!

singletrackmind

I think its  the casting that  makes it way above the average drive delivered to us on a weekly basis. Pretty much everyone is the right person for the role, and the director must have helped mould them into charactuer.

The pissed out of his head boss, to the handler, the B/F , even the old lady in the apartment , just fabulous .

Right level of sex/ intrigue/plot as well .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Killing Eve’ is closed to new replies.