• This topic has 36 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by natrix.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Killing Eve Series 4
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Watched the 1st episode of series 4 the other night.

Is it just me or is it just confusing rubbish?

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve not watched Season 4 so I accept that I haven’t given it a chance but the quality trajectory from Seasons 1-3 was so steeply downward I just can’t be bothered.

bonzodog
    Free Member

I remember watching the first episode of series one and thinking how slick it was.

S2, was ok, s3 dropped a bit more and this one seems like a daft money grab.

Seriously, why are none of the main actors dead yet? They all been shot/stabbed.

Jordan

Give it a chance, we thought the same at first but by ep.4 or whatever we have got to it starts to get interesting with some character back stories.

chriscubed

Confusing rubbish at the start, but much better later. Really enjoying it now

Mackem

I sacked off s4 after. 2 dismal episodes. After the comments on here, I’ll try a few more. If it doesnt improve I’ll write a mildly annoyed post on here. That’ll learn you.

AdamT

Yes. It got much better after the 3rd episode, so give it another go.

DrP

Watched the 1st episode of series 4 the other night.

Is it just me or is it just confusing rubbish?

I watched the whole lot.
    The weirdness soon goes, but….no where near as good as S1 or2…
    Probably a differnet writer.
    Probably the last season I watch.

DrP

kayak23

Watched it last night.
    Couldn’t really be arsed.
    My gf said I should watch it for the clothes…

Caher

Series 1 & 2 were good and quite original, but seemed to run out of steam since.

nuke

Final series so happy to watch it to finish it off but not enjoying it like earlier seasons; think we’re about 4th episode in and theres been a few moments and one-liners like the older seasons but still lacking

We were reckoning a spin-off with Carolyn & Konstantin would be pretty good though

GHill

Watched the first episode of S4 and gave up, too much other stuff to do than watch rubbish.

Really enjoyed the first couple of episodes of Slow Horses.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Probably the last season I watch.

It’s the last season anyone will watch.

I’m pretty confident they said it was the last

cheese@4p

BBC are pushing it on iplayer as the last season ever.

IHN

We watched the first two episodes and gave it up as gash. TBH, I thought they previous series was gash too, but MrsIHN liked it.

reeksy

I think S1 was revelatory. A real change in style and storyline from typical tv dramas. But I don’t think it’s maintained the brilliance. Nonetheless S4 is improving (at E7 currently).

It’s the last season anyone will watch.

I’m pretty confident they said it was the last

Given the main characters’ apparent immortality (I won’t release a spoiler here) can we be certain?

desperatebicycle

First few series were based on the books (surprisingly good books, actually), it was more popular than they expected, so they’ve had to wing it with the later series. I agree, the first few of this last series were a bit crap – confusing and disjointed. It’s definitely improved though. Must say Eve’s new persona doesn’t suit the actress anywhere near as well as her early well-meaning cop character.
    And the “arrow” stuff was rather silly.

muddyground
    Free Member

Watched it to the end.

Considered review: avoidable pants.

susepic

+1 Gash
    +1 Avoidable pants

No thread, no discernable plot, no reason to care what happens

Gave up after 3 episodes i think, but can’t remember cos it was all so confused

Watch the Ipcress Files instead

malv173
    Free Member

Watched the final episode this morning. I really enjoyed it.

Loved series one. Thought series 2 was garbage – felt like the chemistry between Eve and Villanelle was totally lost. Series three improved things a bit, and I think they did a decent job of finishing it off.

weeksy

S4 took bizarre to a whole new level and really properly lost the plot.

nicko74

After a real sense of diminishing returns from S2-3, I avoided S4 and nothing I have read or heard since has made me regret that decision!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The ending was almost as though even the writer got bored and was in a rush to get to the pub

footflaps

I think I gave up during Season 3. Like a lot of series, the first series is new and innovative but once that wears off, there’s not that much left…

BoardinBob

I didn’t enjoy the last series much, certainly compared to the previous 3, but I don’t think the ending is anywhere near as bad as everyone is making out. If anything, the bad bit about the finale was the wiping out of the 12. That felt very anti-climactic and very rushed, plus the way it was filmed was as though they’d ran out of budget for actors to play the 12, so they just did a cheap shot of Jodie Comer in slow-mo.

nicko74

they’d ran out of budget for actors to play the 12, so they just did a cheap shot of Jodie Comer in slow-mo.

Yech!
    And am I right that this series didn’t even get a TV slot – it was only on iPlayer? Doesn’t really indicate confidence or commitment to it!

thepurist

And am I right that this series didn’t even get a TV slot – it was only on iPlayer

Yeah they hid it at 9pm Saturday night on BBC1

goslow

I was a bit lost off but really like some of the characters in it so still enjoyed it.

fasthaggis

I enjoyed S4 a lot and think the main actors have all been excellent throughout the whole series.I know it can feel sometimes like we have seen all the good films and storylines over the years,so it’s very hard to be totally surprised by plotlines.The trick for me when watching any series,is to zoom in on the details of the acting/set pieces ,while still having all the past history of the characters running in my head at the same time.Killing Eve (for me) has been good for that.I will never fail to smile if I hear Konstantin’s laugh. 😀

nuke

I will never fail to smile if I hear Konstantin’s laugh.

Definitely 😂

I didnt dislike the new assassin they recruited from the morgue or the assassin from the island in the final season but I think it was too late in the day to introduce new characters.

Overall, we thought the whole last season should have been a Villianelle & Eve team-up killing spree of the 12 (and a few others) spread over the season finishing with a Thelma & Louise style end….but that could have been the wine talking

natrix
    Free Member

the writer got bored and was in a rush to get to the pub

Couldn’t agree more, a very disapointing ending……………..

nickjb
    Free Member

I quite liked the end of the 12. They are a shadowy organisation. I’d have been more disappointed if there was some kind of big reveal

desperatebicycle

finishing with a Thelma & Louise Blue Is The Warmest Colour style end….but that could have been the wine talking

😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty good and kind of different from the usual almost planned out dramas, the slaying of the 12 was nicely done in a double act kind of way.

What I took away from it (in my head) was Carolyn was the head of the 12, hence the change in venue messages as I reckon she was planning on knocking off Helen when she turned up at the pub, so when Eve and Villanelle arrived she sent them to thru right place and that Villanelle killed Freddie, hence the post 12 slaying assassination.

nicko74

thepurist
    And am I right that this series didn’t even get a TV slot – it was only on iPlayer

Yeah they hid it at 9pm Saturday night on BBC1

Lol, shows how much attention I was paying!
    Konstantin was the best part of it, I’d love to see him in more stuff (that’s lighter than the first couple of series of The Bridge)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I lost track of what was going on across all the seasons as they all merged into one. Watched the first episode of the new series and realised I have no appetite to watch anymore of the same old stuff.

natrix
    Free Member

Carolyn was the head of the 12,

Really??????

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.