Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • killer positive Giro
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

Di Luca has tested positive in out of competition test on April 29th.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Well there’s a surprise.

It was pretty obvious (well, I thought anyway) that he was probably on something. Given his history and pretty incredible form given his age, he always looked suspect.

beej

It’s not a massive surprise, he’s clearly from the Ricco school of hard thinking.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dday

I’m so fed up with drugs in cycling. They might as well just let them all do it, and then test for those who are clean, and kick them out instead.

Junkyard
    Free Member

at least they are catching them but yes when will it end

MrSmith
    Free Member

Another one of the old guard dopers falls by the wayside. At least there’s a spot for a young clean rider to take.

andyfla
    Free Member

I think the message is def getting through.

IMHO cycling is trying to catch people whereas other sports (athletics, football, etc) def have their head in the sand – tennis don’t /have only just started blood test, so they automatically have less positives than cycling.

I was reading yesterday the tours always overestimate how fast the TT’s are these days so it is looking like the peloton, generally, is getting slower.

It is going in the right direction, but there will always be a few dickheads, ESP the older ones, who don’t learn or aren’t good enough to do it without.

Speshpaul

The big give away was when he signed for Godolphin.

cyrilswan
    Free Member

Where have you read this about Di Luca?

andyfla
    Free Member
    davidjey
    Free Member

Di Luca tests positive you say?

In other news, bear seen emerging from woods, loo roll in hand; pope caught worshipping god, and so on and so forth.

I get the impression Italy is not exactly at the forefront of changing attitudes to ‘preparing’ in the peloton.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No surprise there. Didn’t his team only sign him under pressure from sponsors? Sure I read somewhere that the team manager didn’t want him.

Edit: cycling news link. Would wonder why a sponsor would want to risk this? Got to feel sorry for the team manager.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I used to like De Luca, you know when they were all doing drugs, he was great to watch.
    But the man has form and feels invincible, clearly he’s a “cretin” not my words.

makeitorange
    Free Member

A real shame, was enjoying this years Giro – the first road race I’d ever followed closely – but this has just left a sour taste. The DH World Cup season can’t start soon enough now!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘killer positive Giro’ is closed to new replies.