Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Killer full-sus deals – any about?
  • rascal
    Free Member

A work mate recently got into biking and ready for Bike No. 2 – big budget (£2.5K) but will happily have last years (‘old fashioned’ 26″ wheels!). Trail centres usually so he’d be looking for max 5″ travel…any pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers

mattrgee
    Free Member

Spec wise, they were good value before going on sale…

Canyon

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Commercial Meta Sl 2012 Fox x9 xo and half price at 1799 on crc bargain I’m tempted!

rickmeister

IBIS Mojo Special Blend quite a good package at that price or there abouts..

zilog6128

for cannondale/scott/giant/cube Pauls always has some pretty tasty discounts on last-years models

tbh – I’d be seriously tempted by that Canyon at that price point. A mate has one and it’s lovely.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I can do you a Saracen Ariel 143 for half price. £1750 instead of £3.5k. 17″ only. Be quick if you fancy it. Brand new full warranty. I am a dealer. 🙂

prawny

CRC are banging out the Vitus FS bikes, dirt cheap. Sommet 1 gets a decent review. I’m tempted to get a 0% card and buy the Sommet 2, but I like my testicles I want to keep them attached to my body.

zilog6128

seems reasonable spec for the money, Vitus are a CRC own brand though so I’d take any supposed discount with a pinch of salt.

prawny

Zilog – They were doing them full price earlier in the year, I was ogling them then and I thought they were decent value, at those prices if I hadn’t seen a couple of decent reviews I would have thought there was something seriously up with them.

Toppers Saracen deal looks pretty mint too. Flippin heck I wish I had some cash. Anyone want to buy a Rockrider 9.1 and an old saracen dirttrax? I could tell the wife I was saving space.

zilog6128

They were doing them full price earlier in the year,

Yes, because they would be breaking the law otherwise. The current sale price is the “real” price. Or am I just too cynical? 😈 Can’t imagine anyone bought one at the full price though. They are a budget, no-name brand after all.

Agree with you about the Saracen though! Their new high-end bikes are supposed to be really good.

prawny

zilog6128 – Member

They were doing them full price earlier in the year,
    Yes, because they would be breaking the law otherwise. The current sale price is the “real” price. Or am I just too cynical? They are a budget, no-name brand after all.

I’d probably put their real price somewhere between the two. But yeah, I know what you mean. I’d be gutted if I’d paid £1800 or whatever they were. Wrong size wheels I suppose 😆

roverpig

I’ve just bought a Five frame from these guys and can’t fault the service:

http://www.bikescene.co.uk/

They also have some Specialized frames at a decent discount if that’s more your cup of tea.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I can do you a Saracen Ariel 143 for half price. £1750 instead of £3.5k. 17″ only.

Really?

Hmm… very, very tempted..

toppers3933
    Free Member

Yes really. All the bells and whistles and they ride ace. Not 650b though!! 😆

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yes really. All the bells and whistles and they ride ace. Not 650b though!!

Where abouts are you guys based?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Dang lucky that is 17″ at 6’1″ish it’ll be too small. Think my wallet just dodged a bullet there!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Near Leicester. Are you the teatoosugars on twitter?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Near Leicester. Are you the teatoosugars on twitter?

Yes, yes I am..

toppers3933
    Free Member

im the nick who sent you a copy of ‘into the wild’ last year!! now bike shop owner!

davosaurusrex

I call Bromance!

toppers3933
    Free Member

stalker. 😉

toppers3933
    Free Member

Apologies for the thread hijack.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nick, It dawned on me as I was driving home it was…
    😆

thepurist

I call Bromance

What’s the new shop called, Brokeback Mountain Bikes? 😉

prawny

thepurist – Member
    I call Bromance
    What’s the new shop called, Brokeback Mountain Bikes?

I actually really like that. Although Brokeback MTB would be less obvious. Hmmmm.

toppers3933
    Free Member

The purest, have we met?

customchase26

toppers3933 is that offer of a saracen still going?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Merlin have half price on some Moondrakers atm.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Killer full-sus deals – any about?’ is closed to new replies.