Kielder result anyone?

Home Forum Bike Forum Kielder result anyone?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kielder result anyone?
  • naffrider

Ben Thomas won.

I was having a great time until me knee got bored and started to explode.

I reckon the weather added to the epic-ness.

Top stuff.

millcar

Weather looked like i’d be grim.

I know the mobile reception is rubbish in the area but does anyone have any news?

GEDA

Had to bow out at Newcastleton. Missed the cut by about 10 seconds after my chain broke, brakepads would not fit so I wasted 1 hours trying to file them down then (thanlks for the help!, and then to top it all my tyre exploded coming off the border ridge so I had to bike/walk 7 miles with no back tyre to Newcastleton. Now quite tired and sore. Hope I can make my plane tomorrow. Brutal conditions.

millcar

Cheers

Well done to Ben!! Equally, well done to you guys, always grim to not finish but the Kielder is another place.

GEDA sounds very bad but don’t seem to have given in to a mechanical easily. Jack all can be done when bits of you say the same !!

Cheers again!!!

tollah

Anyone know where Dan the 5th* came?

*Goes by the name of Dan Treby off of Singular team

naffrider

I (think I) passed him about 3ish hrs in with a puncture and he came back past me 45mins or so after looking solid as ever. No idea where he came mind.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

No idea where he came mind.

Bet he was 5th.

Again.

tollah

He may have Stu but did Jeff get 9th?
    Cheers Naffrider.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

My money’s on Jeff turning round and riding the route in reverse before he’s finished.

Smiker

Video interviewwith Ben just here. There’s a report to follow on MarathonMTB.com

Smiker

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

IIRC 3rd SS but not sure as so many positions floating in my head when. He had 3 punctures and other mechanicals too but still did really well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kielder result anyone?’ is closed to new replies.