Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Kielder Forest AVALANCHE TROPHY
  • poisonspider
    Free Member

Rode it last year and booked on again for this year.

As said before, the trails were pretty easy, it’s your fitness that counts more than technical ability.

I wore arm and knee pads but a normal helmet, the climbs to the start gates can go on a bit and you wouldn’t want to do them in a full face.

One word of advice is on tyres. Some sections are pretty rocky and I pinch punctured on the first timed section, f***ing my whole race. (Probably cost me over 100 places in the overall standings). Going for a dual ply wall this time though. Also, some of the sections are brand new this year and won’t have been ridden in properly yet so I’m expecting sharp rocks to be more of a problem than last year.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

I was told a silver license is only for races which gather points, as this one doesn’t i’m sure bronze will be ok. Thats what i’m taking anyway hope it works..

crotchrocket
    Free Member

<quote>Time wise, how long was the average section crotchrocket?</quote>

2.5 to 4mins or so. check out the results:
    http://www.avalanchecup.com/enduro-avalanche-kielder-uk-resultats-2008.html

Simon

Poisonspider I thought the new sections weren’t being used for this year’s Enduro.

toons
    Free Member

They’re not using the new red, that’s to tame, apparently.

Last year they cut a new section through the forest (I could be wrong, as I didn’t ride it and was told this, so don’t shot me), presume they’d be doing the same this year?

Interesting article on Decent World about tweaking your ride for an Enduro

jojoA1
    Free Member

Just booked my camping. Just need to book the weather now.

I’m really excited 😀

fbk
    Free Member

Yeay – 6 of us doing this for the first time this year (RaveRacing team).

Staying at the Log cabins on the lake about 5 miles from the Castle. Going by all the good things I’ve heard from last year, I’m Really looking forward to this one 🙂

chunkychew
    Free Member

Looks like we might get a bit of rain for race day?

Are the trails typical Trail Centre i.e. drain well, hard(ish) packed gravel/rock?

If not, what tyres do you guys recommend? Are you running thicker than normal tubes to fend off pinch-punctures?

jojoA1
    Free Member

the trails are quite sandy where they’re not rocky. Very free draining by the looks of them when I was there last year (not for the race). I’m going for lust high rollers front and rear and normal tubes and if I get flats in practise, I’ll put a thicker high roller on the rear.

chunkychew
    Free Member

I was planning on a 2.35 small block 8 on the rear, and a 2.35 Nevegal on the front. If it’s too wet, I might pop 2.35 high rollers on. I bought some Maxxis Welter weight tubes (slightly thicker than norm) but I ordered 29″! My mistake, but who rides 29″!?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Kielder Forest AVALANCHE TROPHY’ is closed to new replies.