Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kielder Chiller – UK 24hr National Champs
  • andrewh
    Free Member

The Kielder Chiller has the UK 24hr Championships this year. Who’s going?
    October 15/16 in, oddly enough, Kielder Forest. It will be a tough course, bring your climbing legs!
    The National champs is the solo category (age groups, singlespeed, fatbike) The pairs and quads are just for fun.
    Entries are still open here https://coldbrew.events/xc-mtb/chiller-24/ if you aren’t in yet

andrewh
    Free Member

No one? It’ll be fun (possibly…)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’ll be fun (possibly…)

On the day or a week or so later when you’ve defrosted, dried out and the midge bites have faded?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yeah I’m going, but having ‘fun’ in male pairs as I’m nowhere near 24hr solo shape.

andrewh
    Free Member

No midges at that time of year😁
    Defrosting and/or drying out may be required…
    I think pairs might be the hardest! You have to go much faster than the solos but you don’t get the rest which the teams get…

teamslug
    Free Member

I’m going. After having Covid the weeks before last years I’m going to have another go. Only managed 4 laps last year. It is a pretty brutal course but like all 24hour races camaraderie is great.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I think pairs might be the hardest! You have to go much faster than the solos but you don’t get the rest which the teams get…

I totally agree, if you’re aiming to be competitive 😉 we were 2nd in 12hr pairs at 24:12 a couple of years ago and it was bloody hard work. Saying that 24hr as a 4 is stupid too as it’s basically back to back XC races for 24hrs.
    I get thr feeling ill be doing the lions share of the lappage, so it may well be sedate as the new day dawns.

vdubber67
    Free Member

If it’s the same course as the Marathon Champs then that’ll be ‘fun’.

steve_b77
    Free Member

@vdubber67 It ain’t going to be that long, laps are around 12-14k

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.