Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kielder 100 & Squirt chain lube?
  • ace_sparky
    Free Member

Anyone plan on using this as a chain lube during the K100?

I’ve been using squirt lube for almost 2 years and it’s held up great for dry xc rides upto 80miles and was still good for more, however it’s not too good in the wet & mud and I doubt it would last the entire 100 miles if conditions are going to be wet with little chance of re-applying it as it has to dry first for it to work.

Guess I’ll just have to check out the weather for the next few days 😕

Whyte1
    Free Member

Chain-L no5 is what you need

Drac

At about 50 miles around Newcastleton there’s usually a mechinic post where can you get lubed up again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wenanwhere
    Free Member

finishline wet lube year round for me (seriously when is it ever dry enough in this country). Got someone at Newcastleton waiting with some of that dual lube and degreaser stuff in case its muddy

uplink
    Free Member

Rock ‘n’ Roll extreme for me
    Pretty sure it’ll last OK but I have a tiny bottle in my tool kit – if needed

paul4stones

I thought the tyre discussions were a bit excessive but lube? . . . 🙂

warton
    Free Member

that would be the last stuff I’d use. It will be wet in places without a doubt, although the forecast looks OK for the coming days

uplink
    Free Member

that would be the last stuff I’d use

Served me well for years in all sorts of shitty conditions

warton
    Free Member

really uplink? I’ve never got on with any of those sorts of lubes, tried a few times and any sort of wetness seems to cause problems with them. Maybe I’m not degreasing well enough…

DickBarton

I’ve been running Squirt now for about 16 months…been very very reliable but it does need a reapply in proper wet and muddy conditions (but it is still lasting me at least 2 rides before a reapplication is needed) – admittedly they won’t add up to 100 miles but I reckon if you get a good coating on it, then do another application the night before it should last.

martinh
    Free Member

Happily rode with Squirtblast year. Did reapply around 80 miles otherwise problem free

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kielder 100 & Squirt chain lube?’ is closed to new replies.