Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 186 total)
  • Kielder 100 roll call (12 days…)
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

I sleep like a baby knowing I haven’t done enough training, prob got all the wrong kit , will drink too much the night before,

but will enjoy it all the same 8)

marvincooper

My Avon skin-so-soft is on order, hope it arrives in time. Never used (or needed it) before so fingers crossed.

Just posted this, so show us your bikes please

broonster
    Free Member

If anything, the midgies could be a good thing for me; they’ll make sure I keep going, as stopping will be a nightmare with the little buggers!

uplink
    Free Member

Currently on my last beer before Kielder 🙁

wool

On the Jura after a bottle of Champers,Italian Fruliano and some Rioja reserva yeh see you on the line. Training rocks.

miketually
    Free Member

I switched to red wine a week or so ago. Tapering 🙂

Drac

theres a reason Europe’s largest man made reservoir is there!

To feed the growing industry in the NE as it could feed 3 rivers, sadly it took too long industries became better at using water and many others closed. That and there is very little around there so not many towns needing flooding, the natural valley made it easier to build a damn. It rains yeah, Northumberland is full of micro climates like many hilly areas but it wasn’t built there for the amount of rain.

The K100 cycle suit has been perfected to repel the midgies. Availble for hire.

Kielder 100 essential wear by Lee Collis, on Flickr

hughjardon
    Free Member

miketually do you know if the ‘pace bracelet’ link you posted on page1 will change at this late stage?

tonto
    Free Member

thefeed and water stations have been given different mileages this year, maybe the course has changed a little. Might be all downhill 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

thefeed and water stations have been given different mileages this year

Still the same as last year on the site – it still says TBC too

miketually
    Free Member

If the times on the site stop being tbc today or tomorrow, I’ll change the pacelet to reflect the new times.

I might do one that just has the times for 10, 20, 30, etc. miles, that’ll work as a generic pacelet for any 100 mile effort at a particular speed. If you make a mental note of the distances given to the various stations that should give you a ball park for whether you’re on track or not.

fasthaggis

I just hope the wet weather blows through on Thur/Friday now 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

New times are there. Pacelet on the way…

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

goodo, copy for me please…

miketually
    Free Member

Pacelets are up at http://tinyurl.com/k100pacelet2011

Can someone double check the figures for me? A couple of the checkpoints were only 1 mile more/less than a feed station, so I just used one figure for simplicity.

hughjardon
    Free Member

Thanks miketually, that’s a great help, no excuses for not finishing now!

Just working out carbs required at each bag drop 😉

senorj

Thanks Miketually.
    v. useful.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Thanks Miketually. Will print and laminate at work tomorrow

GEDA
    Free Member

Lovely weather today in Northumberland. Just had a quick spin around Thrunton. 3rd of the climbing. 100 miles should be simples on forest roads. Is the parking at the main carpark above the visitors centre?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Good work Mike, thanks for that, see you on the start line

boxelder

Anyone have or know of a GPS track or whatever, or a map of the route – I’d like a rough profile (so I can judge my devastating break away)

EDIT – this’ll be about right I suppose – not that hilly……

Drac

Ooh better memorise some info so I might be able to answer puzzled racers questions. I’m off all day Friday now just a meeting to get out of the way, hopefully by 10 and then I’ll be heading across.

boxelder, Garmin connect will have but it’s currently under maintenance.

boxelder

Ta. Found a map and profile that’ll do. I need me maps me – following arrows/signs alone worries me.

Drac

The map is no use if it don’t follow the route though. 😆

miketually
    Free Member

<geeky>

If you’re hoping to just meet the cut offs, you need to average 8mph. I’m doing some sums for how many g of carbs I’ll need at the start and in each drop bag.

Assuming 1g of carbs per lean kg of body mass per hour, you need to multiply the following numbers by your lean mass then start looking at the ingredients on your bags of sweeties and pork pies:

Start: 2.9
    Bag 1: 3.4
    Bag 2: 3.5
    Bag 3: 3.1

</geeky>

😉

jonb
    Free Member

Turning generally unsettled and windy throughout Friday and the weekend, with some bright or sunny weather expected, but also spells of occasionally heavy rain and showers.

Getting better…

Pacelet to be done tomorrow. Food bought now to be divided up. Most stuff ready. Tomorrow the fun starts, carbo loading, at least that’s my excuse.

marvincooper

Nice one Mike, thanks.. not long now!

fasthaggis

Anyone know if there is chain oil at any of the stops, or should I put some in with one of the feed bags?

Murr
    Free Member

there was chain oil at newcasleton last year 65mile aprox .

Drac

Juicy Lubes are back again providing lube, it’ll be at the 62 miles stop at Newcastleton.

fasthaggis

Thanks

oldnpastit

Forecast is looking a bit damp now:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=ne48%201hg

Torrential mud-soaked downpour wetness fest!

uplink
    Free Member

I think it’s still a bit early to get the detail of the band of rain that should be passing though, but the last place I’d trust would be Metcheck, they’re notoriously random

yr.no are quite good but I still wouldn’t put money on it turning out like they say
    Expect the best, plan for the worst 🙂

Roo
    Free Member

Where are you getting the new times from, the K100 site still seems to show the same ones as last year?

uplink
    Free Member

And to further make the point, their computer model has changed slightly
    😀

ChrisHeath

Where are you getting the new times from, the K100 site still seems to show the same ones as last year?

Here:

http://www.sip-events.co.uk/kielder-riderinfo.html

Feed & Water Stations (tbc)
    •11 & 20 miles – Water station
    •23 miles – Feed Station 1: Accelerade energy drink, water, bananas, crisps, nuts, cakes, dried fruit etc
    •33 & 39 miles – Water station
    •50 miles – Feed Station 2: same as Feed 1
    •62ish miles – Newcastleton Feed: tea, coffee, hot soup, sandwiches, homemade cakes from The Olive Cafe, bananas and the usual snacks
    •78 miles – Feed Station 4: same as Feed 1

These are different to last year.

Roo
    Free Member

Strange when I click on the link I get the following :-

Feed & Water Stations (tbc)
    •12 miles – Water station
    •21 miles – Feed Station 1: Accelerade energy drink, water, bananas, crisps, nuts, cakes, dried fruit etc
    •37/44 miles – Water station
    •48 miles – Feed Station 2: same as Feed 1
    •65ish miles – Newcastleton Feed: tea, coffee, hot soup, sandwiches, homemade cakes from The Olive Cafe, bananas and the usual snacks
    •80 miles – Feed Station 4: same as Feed 1

uplink
    Free Member

Strange when I click on the link I get the following :-

You need to force the browser to load a fresh page

Ctrl+F5 for Chrome

Roo
    Free Member

ahh works on my phone ok, just seems to be IE playing up, will check the rest of the site now and see what’s changed.

Cheers and good luck all.

uplink
    Free Member

IE is Shift+Refresh to force a reload from the server instead of the cache

It’s not playing up, that’s how it’s meant to work

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘Kielder 100 roll call (12 days…)’ is closed to new replies.